Day Trip / Out of Town, Local Experience, Museums / Culture, Youth and Family
Kid Friendly: Yes. Due to Virginia safety laws, children under the age of 6 years old must have booster seats.
Maximum travelers: 10
English (fluent), Arabic (advanced), Italian (basic)
Be prepared to handle the most exciting tour of George Washington home!
* Visit how George Washington lived as president and civilian and his final resting place. His huge estate, garden, farm where he grew all kinds vegetables and fruites are worth discovering.
* Experience a guided walking tours of the Mount Vernon Grounds and Estate.
* See the slave quarters, memorial and burial grounds.
* View the Masonic Temple of George Washington, Gadsby's Tavern, Torpedo Factory and the Historic Christ Church as you ride through historic Old Town.
* Starting from Washington, DC we will be driving on the most beautiful senic route of the George Washington Park Way.
* We will drive through Old Town, Alexandria without a stop at first.
* We will spend at least two hours and a half discovering the Mount Vernon Estate.
* There will be a timed one hour visit of the George Washington home by authorized tour guide.
* On the return trip we will visit historic Old Town, Alexandria.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting location: Please let me know if you have a preferred pick up location within the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
End location: I will be happy to drop you off at your preferred location within the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
Duration: 5 hours
During winter season the drive could take little bit more time due weather conditions.
* Fully climate controlled Model 2017, 14 passenger Sprinter/Van will be used for this tour.
* The van is very clean and modern.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
39 USD - * Admission fee to Mount Vernon Estate
Adult = $18
Child = $11 (Age 6-11 years )
* No meal on the tour so lunch or snack money will be needed.
Due to safety laws, children under the age of 5 years must have an appropriate booster seat.