Unique tour to Discover Mount Cameroon
Hike Mt Cameroon with all the best routes in One tour package. You can possible extend your trip with a Limbe city tour.
Mount Cameroon is one of Africa's largest active volcanoes, rising to 4, 095 metres above the coast of west Cameroon. It's the highest mountain in West Africa. The most recent eruptions occurred on March 28, 1999 and May 28, 2000.
This tour is a unique design itinerary to cover the main routes of Mt Cameroon in 6 days. You will get to discover a lot of the mountain. You start the trek in Buea and you end it at the Bakingili West coast of Limbe. There is a great possibility to spot forest elephants and other animals.
With this tour you shall learn a lot about the Bakweri people and thier culture and traditions which is greatly link with the Elephants of Mt Cameroon. Book this tour and learn more.
- Day 1; Reception in Buea and check in at Marithon hotel Buea. Dinner and we prepare for the hike.
- Day 2;car will pick us from the hotel, drive to Bonakanda village, then the Park entrance. We start our trek to P & T camp (2600m) approx 9-10 km. On our way we shall see a lot of good vegetation & beautiful scenery with birds. Also can spot animals like Monkey, Antelope and more. We camp at P&T camp.
- Day 3; 5:30am we descend for about 2 km to a swamp where elephants use to come. 30 minutes to see if we can spot. Return to camp & trek for about 8km to reach hut 2(2825m).
- Day 4; Hike summit(4095m & 4. 4km). Stop at eruption crater of year 2000. We descend for 12km to reach Mann's spring camp. This day is the most rewarding in terms of view.
- Day 5; Descend to the Elephant opening passing old lave fields & the Elephant lake where they use to bath & drink. Drinking Gari Camp
- Day 6; We descend to Bakingili village, we enjoy the beach at Tsaben beach hotel.
NB; Book Limbe city tour as extension
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Marithon Hotel Buea
End location: At Tsaben beach Hotel ,Bakingili Limbe
Duration: 6 days
taxi in Buea to upper farms and limbe to buea
- Guide with first aid kit.
- A pair of hiking poles.
- A room at Marithon Hotel day 1 with dinner and breakfast.
- All fees on Mt cameroon national park.
- Tranpsortation to and from the starting point of the hike to your hotel in Buea,
- Food (breakfast and dinner)
- fruits and mineral water on the mountain.
- Camping equipments;- sleeping bags, sleeping mat, camping tent (2 persons per tent).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
75000 FCFA Beac - Buy your snacks and others
sleeping mat ,bag and camping tent