I am a licensed English speaking guide in Moscow with the accreditation by the Moscow City Government. I am a member of the Europian Federation of Tourist Guides Associations (FEG) and the World Federation of Tourist Guide Associations (WFTGA). And I am the only certified Culinary Guide in Russia (certification by the World Food Travel Association).
As a certified guide I can be your official guide in the Moscow Kremlin, majority of Moscow museums and art galleries, such as the Armoury Chamber, St. Basil's Cathedral, the Tretyakov Gallery and many others.
I was born in Moscow (back in USSR times) and spent here my very best years. I am a real local, I love to walk around and discover my city since I was a teenager. I lived in different Moscow neighbourhoods and it enriched my knowledge and personal connection with this beautiful city.
I work with travellers since 2015 and have shown my city to hundreds of people from all continents. I'm an avid traveller myself and travelled to more than 50 countries.
My suggestion on having a good time in Moscow:
- Spend your first day on a walking tour to see Moscow Must-Sees: the Kremlin, Red Square and its surroundings and join my Private Food Tour (or we can visit a Russian art museum)
- Having a full day countryside trip to Golden Ring is mandatory!
- Want something different? Let's dive back to USSR: you can explore the Moscow metro, continue with Soviet Expo, called VDNKH, visit a Space Explorers museum and finish a day with a visit to the Cold War underground Bunker.
I offer a wide variety of tours in and around Moscow. I do walking, driving and combination walking/driving tours. My vehicle is a business class Nissan Fuga, 2006 model year. I'm passionate about the history, the traditions, the food, nature observation, Russian politics and the social dynamics. Russia is a complex country, that's true.
All my tours can be customised upon to your request - I have flexible itineraries.
Apart from my published tours I can create a customized program for you with a choice of:
Iconic Moscow tours
- Red Square and Kremlin tour
- Must See Moscow tour
- Custom-made Moscow itineraries (half-day, full-day and multi 2-3-4-5-6 day)
- Enjoy the Russian Art at the Tretyakov Gallery
- Countryside tours to the Golden Ring towns, Zvenigorod, Kolomna
- A tour of Amazing Moscow Metro and Cold War bunker
- Explore the Moscow bazaar- Izmaylovo flea Market
In addition here is the list of great places which can be included in your itinerary:
- World War 2 Museum and the Victory Park
- VDNKh - Heritage Soviet time Expo;
- The Cosmo Museum (Space Explorers)
- Leninskiye Gorki (the place where Lenin lived)
- Boris Pasternak House-Museum
- Maxim Gorky House - the famous Art Nouveau building
- Tank Museum at Kubinka
- Air Force Museum (Monino)
- St Basil Cathedral
- The State Historical Museum
- Novodevichy convent and cemetery
- Romanoff Boyars' Chamber Museum - explore the lifestyle of medieval noble people
- Leo Tolstoy House-Museum
- Zaryadye Park - the brand new park, presenting different climate zones of Russia, built by the same architects, who projected the High Line in New York
- Gorky Park and Museon Park. Gorky Park is a legend and the most famous park in Russia. In Museon you can find "Fallen Idols" - monuments of Soviet time, demolished after the USSR collapse
-Izmailovo market - major souvenir and flea market
-Old Arbat - the main pedestrian street in Moscow
- Relaxing River Cruise onboard of a luxurious yacht (with optional lunch/dinner)
-Night and Dinner at the Russian Orthodox Monastery
-AK-47 Shooting Range
Your Idea - Everything is Possible!
All of my tours are fully customizable. This is when your dream comes true!
Welcome to Russia and I will see you very soon!
***Please check my Instagram @ moscowwithlocals
A Recent Review of this guide
Elina is an excellent, very experienced guide if you want to visit Saint Petersburg. We really recommend her.
Tour Guide License #02456, issued by Moscow City Government.
I'm the only guide in Russia, certified as the Culinary Guide by the World Food Travel Association and I'm the only Global Food Tourism Association Member in Russia.
I'm authorized to provide guided tours in major museums and other sights:
- The Kremlin of Moscow
- The Armoury Chamber
- Saint Basil's Cathedral
- Romanoff Chambers
- State Historical Museum
- Tretyakov Gallery
- 20th century Tretyakov Gallery
- Museum of Fine Arts (Pushkin)
- Novodevichy Convent
- the Metro of Moscow
- World War 2 Museum,
WFTGA Membership (World Federation of Tourist Guide Associations)
FEG Membership (European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations)
I have a Master's degree in Economics.
I lived in New York for a while so you can expect normal conversational English from my side.
I have had my driver licence for almost 20 years. I drive my own business class Nissan Fuga 2005, which accommodates up to four guests (for countryside tours ).
* There is the Dress code in Russian Orthodox temples:
- for men - no shorts
- for women - better have a long skirt or dress. You will need to have your shoulders covered and you will need a headscarf
* Moscow Kremlin is closed on Thursdays