I'm going to show you the place where East meets West. The city where magical Art Nouveau houses stand next to the Soviet skyscrapers and 21-st century high-tech offices cast their shadows on the 18th-century churches. The place where 200 nations live side by side and where trans-Siberian train blows its whistle.
Tell me how you want to get around Moscow on foot, by car, by bicycle or by kick scooter. I'll come up with the itinerary to match your interests and time frame. Areas to be visited can be tailored to suit your particular interests.
In addition to the obvious sights that everybody needs to see, like the Kremlin and the Tretyakov gallery, I'll take you outside the city center to show you the life of the average people. I can show you the Soviet era houses where Moscovites live, the parks where they relax and the shops where they buy their food. And all this is within a 15-minute ride from the Red Square. I can show you things that you won't see on a regular tour bus. And don't forget that there's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing.
I can create a customized tour for you including the following:
- The most beautiful stations of Moscow Metro
- The Writers' Village of Peredelkino
- An easy going boat trip along the Moscow river
- The gems of Russian art at the Tretyakov gallery
- Moscow's coolest bazaar- the Izmaylovo flea & souvenir Market
- The Secret Soviet bunker ZKP 42
- Wheelchair accessible tour of Moscow
- The estate of Yasnaya Polyana - the house of Leo Tolstoy
- Sergiev Posad
- Samara and the Zhiguli Nature Reserve.
* * *
You may find these books on Russian history useful and interesting:
Russia and the Russians by Geoffrey Hosking
Russia's War by Richard Overy
Hammer And Tickle: A History Of Communism Told Through Communist Jokes
by Ben Lewis
A Recent Review of this guide
He was flexible with the itinerary and had plenty of interesting photos and facts, and jokes as well. Judy
Licensed tour guide