Private Van Tour to the heart of Catalonia
This is wonderful Private Tour to the mountain and Benedictine abbey of Montserrat.
The Abbey was founded in the year 1. 024 and currently has 80 monks. In the Monastery we'll visit the Basilica minor where you will see the worldwide famous "Black Madonna".
The tour includes a breathtaking panoramic drive from the deep valley up to the mountain, passing several amazing peaks.
This Private Tour by Van takes you to the heart of Catalonia, up on the mountain and Benedictine abbey of Montserrat.
1) Drive from Barcelona to Monistrol de Montserrat (45 km; usually a 1 hour and 10 minute drive)
2) Once there, panoramic drive up the mountain (12 km)
3) Visit to the monastery and Basilica Minor with the "Black Madonna"
* Stroll from the parking to the facility
* Stroll across the central square of the monastery
* Visit to the old cloister destroyed by Napoleon from 1808 to 1812
* Walk to the Atrium of the Basilica
* Access to the Basilica with the Black Madonna
4) Panoramic drive along the mountain down to the valley (12 km)
5) Drive back from Montserrat to Barcelona (45 km)
All together driving back: usually a 1 hour and 10 minute drive. Driving back there might be traffic.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: * Hotel, apartament in Barcelona municipality.
(* Airport pickup has an extra fee. Contact me for a customized tour)
End location: * Hotel, apartament in the municipality of Barcelona
(* Airport dropp off has an extra fee.. Contact me for a customized tour)
Duration: 5 hours 30 min.
Drive to the Montserrat mountain is by van. Rodius Ssangyoung premium leather seats and air-conditioned.
Once in the abbey, we'll walk through the facility
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 euro - Restaurant up in the monastery
Any tour can be enhanced with private transport and other services. Flexibility is always a must as an official licensed guide. Just ask!
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
The tour was wonderful. Mark is so knowledgeable about Montserrat and the entire city of Barcelona. He did not hesitate to share this information. The vehicle and drive were very comfortable and he showed us many memorable sights.
Mary Ellen King