Born and raised in the fascinating city of Montreal, I am very passionate about my hometown. My ancestors arrived from England and Ireland in the early 1870's and as a 5th generation Montrealer, I am proudly holding down the roots for my family today.
Montreal is charming, cosmopolitan, inclusive, multicultural, diverse, artistic and creative - a special blend that you will learn all about in my company. I would be delighted if you would join me in discovering the things that make Montreal such a fun, unique and intriguing destination. Only a true local knows the ins and outs of the city!
As your personal Montreal expert, I will cover any topics that interest you - past & present. Architecture, history, art & murals, politics, culinary scene, urban planning, shopping, nightlife, and urban culture are some of the subjects that we can discuss and much more. Just let me know what you are interested in and I will tailor the tour to your interests.
I live and breath Montreal and enjoy sharing my knowledge, stories and passion with my guests. I love Montreal so much that I spend most of my free time exploring, researching and photographing the city and all it's nooks and crannies. My goal as your guide is for you to have fun, to learn, to be entertained and to leave Montreal with the best and most memorable experiences and the feeling that you got to see the REAL, AUTHENTIC Montreal with a TRUE LOCAL. That's what travel is all about, oui?
As an avid photography enthusiast, I can even double as your travel photographer and capture some of your special moments. Just hand me a camera or a phone, and I've got you covered! '' Extra time at the end of my tours is dedicated to giving you tons of ideas and suggestions of other things to see/do/taste while you are in Montreal. My personal list of recommendations will send you in the right (and best!) direction!
My friends call me "Miss Montreal". I have worked in the local Montreal tourism industry for the last 20+ years. I left my last very stable corporate job in event planning to become a full-time tourist guide and follow my dreams. I am very fortunate to be able to pursue my passion and make a living from showing special visitors like you around my wonderful city. Blessed!
Have a look at the tours that I offer - if you don't see what you're looking for, drop me a line. I'm sure I can accommodate your special request. It will be my pleasure to create a custom tour just for you, make recommendations and help you to put together an unforgettable Montréal experience.
À bientôt - See you soon!
A Recent Review of this guide
Lesley's tour was great. She covered a broad range of topics including history, culture, politics, architecture and art. She is well organized and very knowledgeable. It was a fantastic way to see Montreal. Highly recommended.
* Licensed Montréal Tourist Guide
* Guiding permit issued by the City of Montréal
* Graduate of the Professional Montréal Tourist Guide Training Program from the Hotel & Tourism Institute of Quebec (ITHQ)
* Member of the Montreal Professional Tourist Guide Association (APGT)
* Covered by Group Liability Insurance (with the APGT)
* Bike Tour Guide - certified by Vélo Québec
* First Aid / Basic Life Support Course certified by the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
* Diploma of Collegial Studies in Tourism
* Diploma of Collegial Studies in Social Sciences
* 20+ years of work experience in the local Montreal tourism industry (media relations, event planner and convention services at Tourisme Montreal, hotel concierge, travel agent, trainer, tourist information agent etc..)
I do not offer airport pick-up or drop-off - sorry!
I do not currently offer driving tours - I am a walking tour specialist :)
I am not permitted to guide inside museums.