3-Hour E-Scooter Tour: Explore Mont-Royal Summit, Le Plateau, Mile-End & Little-Italy
After getting up to view the city from the Mount-Royal Park lookout (the largest park that gave the city its name!), explore the residential neighborhoods of Plateau, Mile-End and Little Italy. Here lies in peace communities with diverse cultural backgrounds. For example, in the heart of Mile-End, the community of Hassidic Jews coexists with the most modern hipster-artists. A great energy comes from it! As for delicacies, take a break in one of Montreal bagel Institution and in the Jean-Talon public market, the perfect spot to heighten your senses.
Highlights: murals around the Main, Mount Royal Romantic Cemetery, Mount Royal Lookouts, Colourful Multiplex of Le Plateau, Montreal's famous Bagel, the charming streets of Mile-End and Little Italy, Jean-Talon Market.
- Start in front of the e-scooter rental shop / Training session
- Le Plateau streets
- Parc Jeanne-Mance
- Mont-Royal Cementary
- Mont-Royal Park and its lookouts
- Jean-Talon Market
- Saint-Laurent Murals
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At the Electric-Scooter Rental Agency
(Central Location within Plateau Area. Very close to the Subway Station: "Sherbrooke"/ Easy access by Taxi/Uber )
End location: At the Electric-Scooter Rental Agency.
Duration: 3 hours
It includes a 10-20 minutes training about and on the electric-scooters.
Electric-Scooter. Very easy to ride: most people learn in just a few minutes (it is very similar to riding a regular bicycle). You don't need a driver license if you are over 18 years old.
However, I will make my guests practice until they are very confident before going out into traffic. If the guest or myself (the guide) are not confident after the training, I will suggest another transportation method (such as an electric bicyle).
- Explore Montreal with a professional local guide and enthusiast Montrealer!
- Road training: I take time to explain the e-scooter, how to ride it and some security measures. I train personally each guest in a safe area before starting the tour.
- A helmet per guest (Safety is important!)
- A light snack (an iconic Montreal specialty)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 CAD - No extra cash needed, except if you'd like to buy something for yourself (souvenirs, snacks, drinks, etc.)
- Electric-Scooters rental fee is additional. You'll get it at a special discounted price: $CAD 40+tax per e-scooter (i.e. around $US 30 per e-scooter to be paid cash or credit card)
- Items of a personal nature: souvenirs, coffee/drinks, snacks, etc.
I offer my tour at the regular rate in English or French. In Spanish, it would be at an additional cost.
Although I have a driving license, I do not currently offer tours by car.