Fun Tour of Santa Cruz, Monterey & Carmel
This trip is all about fun experiences and sightseeing. We leave San Francisco in the morning for the 90 minute drive to Santa Cruz. We'll visit Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park/Roaring Camp Railroad and the Santa Cruz Surf Museum. Followed by a visit to the historic Santa Cruz Pier for lunch with views of California's oldest surviving amusement park, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
On to the Monterey Bay Area with stops at the Monterey State Historic Park, a collection of significant historic houses and buildings. Cannery Row, once the site of a booming sardine-canning industry, it's now the ideal place to soak up the culture and beauty of Monterey Bay. Drive the 17 Mile drive with views of the beautiful California coastline while passing through several famous golf courses including Pebble Beach.
Lastly, a stop for dinner and spend some time at the shops at charming Carmel.
Then we will head back to San Francisco and your hotel.
With so much to see & do, this tour can be converted to an overnight trip.
- San Francisco hotel or prearranged pick-up location
- Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park/Roaring Camp Railroad
- Santa Cruz Surf Museum at Steamer Lane
- Lunch on the Santa Cruz Wharf
- Monterey State Historic Park
- Cannery Row
- 17 Mile Drive
- Dinner in Carmel by the Sea
- Return to your San Francisco hotel or prearranged location
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: San Francisco hotel, or prearranged pick-up location.
End location: San Francisco hotel, or prearranged drop off location.
Duration: 10 hours
Due to the weather or traffic the length of the tour may vary slightly.
Adding additional activities will also lengthen our trip.
Comfortable air-conditioned Chevrolet Tahoe.
- My time & service as your local guide
- Transportation, fuel
- Bottled water
- Parking & museum fees
- 17 Mile drive entrance fee
- Unlimited smiles
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 USD - Lunch & Dinner
- Souvenirs and/or Incidentals
- Lunch & Dinner
OPTIONS: (additional cost) If time allows
- Whiskey distillery (tasting) in Santa Cruz
- Rides on the Boardwalk
- Santa Cruz Mystery Spot
- Surrey Bike rides in Cannery Row
- Monterey Bay Aquarium