Museums / Culture, Local Experience, First Time Visitor, City
Kid Friendly: Yes. Yes, it's best place for kids. They will enjoy it.
Children must be at least 6 or 7 years old.
Maximum travelers: 10
English (fluent), Catalan (fluent), French (fluent), Spanish (fluent), Turkish (fluent)
Delight Fundació Miró with private guide
Joan Miró inaugurates in 1975 his foundation. Some art pieces were done on purpose of the building. The permanent exhibition changes now and then, as per curator's advice, but the whole collection has almost 10 thousand art pieces.
Architect Josep L. Sert was his friend, they have met in Paris during Spanish Civil War, and they have designed this magnificent space, overviewing the city of Barcelona.
The detailed visit would take a bit more than 1hour, and allows the rest of the Miró tour to enjoy his art pieces in the city: one on the other side of Montjuic Mountain, the other on famous walking avenue the LAS RAMBLAS, 2 hours in total. We could finish there, or in the city, for example at Boquería Marquet having a tapas lunch.
- Monday (closed unless it is a holiday);
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday from 10 am to 6 pm
- Thursday from 10 am to 9 pm
- Saturday from 10 am to 8 pm
- Sunday & holidays 10 to 2. 30 pm
- Jan. 1, Dec. 25 & 26 (closed).
- Meeting at the Ramblas by his mosaic (by Xancó shop)
- We will go to the Fundació in Montjuic Hill
- I will explain the building that Sert built specifically for the collection of Miró
- See the early year masterpieces of Miró
- Wifes collection
- Miro's friend Joan Prats
- Collection of Katsura
- Visit to the Rooftop
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At the entrance of Miro Foundation. I will hold a sign with your name on it.
* If you want a private transportation, please inquire me for a customized tour.
End location: At the Miro Foundation or at the Rambla.
Duration: 2 hours
If you want to use a private car, please inquire me for a customized tour.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
26 Euro - If you want to take a taxi (estimated cost for 4 people).