What you cannot really miss!
The historical town is waiting for you!
We'll have a walking tour through the old town, discovering the story of the Duomo and the symbol of Milan, the golden statue of the Virgin Mary "la Madonnina" on the top of our cathedral, we'll stroll through the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele (the shopping arcade of Milan) and we'll be introduced to the fashion system of Milan; we'll reach the Scala square and the famous Scala Opera house.
Then - through the real "Milanese streets"- we'll head to the Sforza Castle dating back to the Renaissance time, which courtyards are still overwhelming. After a glance at the Arch of Peace (dating back to the time of Napoleon), we'll end up in the Brera area.
The tour is absolutely flexible: according to your wishes, we can skip something and instead visit the inside of the Duomo, or the theatre La Scala and its museum.
It's a 3 hours walking tour, why not relax yourself afterwards, in a nice cafè or a restaurant in the Brera district (the Milanese Montmartre)?
Walking tour through :
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele (the shopping arcade, with its mosaics, including the famous "bull")
- Scala square (with the famous Scala Opera house and the city-hall)
- Courtyards of Sforza Castle
- Glance at the Arch of Peace
- Brera Area (with restaurants and cafè)
** The tour is absolutely flexible: according to your wishes we can skip some places and visit instead the inside of the Duomo (EURO 3, 00) or visit the theatre La Scala and the Museum (EURO 6, 00). We could also visit the Pietà Rondanini by Michelangelo at the Sforza Castle (EURO 5, 00).
It's a walking tour: Milan is a flat city but you need comfortable shoes. The tour will last no more than 3 hours because - I can assure you - after 3 hours walking you'll want to relax.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Duomo square (piazza Duomo), in front of "Museo del Novecento (looking at the facade of the cathedral to the right). If your hotel is located downtown I can come directly there.
End location: I suggest to end up the tour by Brera district (where you'll find many restautants, cafè...) to relax yourself a little bit. I'll explain you how to go back to the Duomo square by walking or where to find a taxi stand.
Duration: 3 hours
Private transportation + professional driver are quoted upon request and must be booked in advance.
My services as a native Milanese and professional licensed tourist guide during 3hrs walking tour
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 EURO - Only upon your request:
- Duomo inside: EURO 3,00 each person (+ EURO 2,50 for Duomo whispers if you are more than 4 people).
- Scala Opera house and museum: EURO 9,00 each person
- Pietà Rondanini by Michelangelo : EURO 10,00 each person
- If you want a buy a snack or a drink.
- EURO 3,00 per person to visit the Duomo + EURO 2,50 per person for the ear-sets if you are more than 4 (optional visit);
- EURO 9,00 per person, if you would like to visit the Scala opera house.
- EURO 10,00 per person if you would like to visit the Pietà Rondanini by Michelangelo in the Sforza Castle.
- Personal expenses.
I am not a driver. I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Fausta was a wonderful guide for a quick glimpse of Milan. She was very flexible and completely changed the course of the tour midway through based on my interests. She then took me to a small museum which was amazing! Fausta is a lovely and knowledgeable person, and I highly recommend her.