For nature and wildlife lovers, an experience of the Southern Alps
For many people who visited it, the Mercantour is one of the most beautiful part of France.
Let me take you far away from mass tourism, to discover a mountain occupied by man since prehistoric time. Here, each valley has its own eco-system, its own architecture, its own history and a diversity of landscape that you cannot imagine.
To discover this paradise I'm suggestiong several programs for you to choose, based on your personal taste, your expectations and your field of interest.
-The Authion is the program that combine everything: Hisytory, nature, architecture, flowers, panorama, scenic roads. . .
- The gordolasque is the wildest one, so beautiful that it was used for TV shows, for wildlife afficionados.
- The Tinée is the Alpine valley, where you will touch the heights, for mountain lovers.
- The cliff villages will take you far in time in a world forever gone, for curious people.
- The Esteron is a mysterious valley full of surprises, the most mediteranean one, for adventurous people.
- The Authion. A plateau with the only accessible road inside the park, a symphony of flowers, but also the traces of the largest battle of the second world war in the southern alps. On the way you will discover the Piaon canyon home of the Monte-Carlo rallye, Peira Cava and the Turini forest which is seen as one of the most beautiful one in France.
- The Gordolasque valley. So heavenly that it has been used as the background of a very famous TV show, "Belle et Sébastien". On the way you will discover the Vésubie canyon and the villages of Belvédère and Lantosque.
- The cliff villages. Attached on the side of the mountain those doors to the Mercantour are amazing examples of the resilience of life. Roure, Roubion, Beuil, are also famous for the breeding of sheep.
- The Tinée with the highest road in Europe: La Bonette. See Saint Dalmas le Selvage and Saint Etienne de Tinée.
- The Esteron where you can swim in mountain rivers and see fabulous villages such as Gilette, Gars, Pierrefeu and Cigale.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up at your hotel in Nice or Monaco
Departure from Cannes please ask me first
End location: Drop off at your hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Depending of the number of people in your group.
Transportation in a premium 8 seater minivan (7 passengers) with individual A/C 3 rows, leather seats, panoramic roof, electric doors, free wifi, microphone, cooler with complimentary drinks.
a spacious 9 seater minivan (8 passengers) with individual A/C 3 rows, microphone, free wifi, cooler with complimentary drinks.
I only use top of the line vehicles (2017 and 2018 models)
Full insurance coverage.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 euros - A regular lunch in France will go from 20 to 40 euros
Being National Licensed Tour Guide & lecturer I have NO restriction of any sort.
Check the "Guide Requirements for France" before choosing a tour in France.