My Tho, Tien Giang province
Mekong delta comprises 13 provinces which occupy an area of 40, 000 square kilometers in the South Vietnam. It is considered as the biggest granary of Vietnam and provides 60% of nation's rice. It is the place of different tropical fruits such as papaya, coconut, banana, etc. . . When people come here they can enjoy the seasonal fruits all year round.
In Vietnam, we usually call Mekong delta 'the Nine dragon river delta' since the Mekong river flows into Vietnam territory, it splits into two main branches. These two main branches split into many tributaries. They used to empty into the sea at nine points. But today only at seven points.
*Note: If you're arriving at Phu My port, or at the other ports near Saigon. Please click on "MESSAGE KHOA" to ask a question or to receive a quote.
The distance between Phu My port and Saigon city center is about 70 km.
The distance between Phu My port and My Tho city (Mekong Delta) is about 140 km.
* The driver and I will meet you at your hotel lobby in Ho Chi Minh city(Saigon). We depart for My Tho, the capital city of Tien Giang province which, is about 70 km away from Saigon city downtown.
*At My Tho pier, We take a boat to some islands which lie on the upper river of Mekong delta, and do this tour as follows;
- Enjoy honey tea and tropical fruits.
- Go along the small canal by canoe.
- Experience local folk music from Mekong region.
- Visit the fish farm on the Mekong river.
- Lunch (à lar carte or set menu) with local dishes.
- Cross Mekong river on a small ferry boat.
- Visit the ancient pagoda.
- And other activities.
- For me, the most important is your experience. I am very flexible about the itinerary to ensure you get to see a lot of places in the countryside and eat delicious local dishes on your tour.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon).
End location: Your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon).
Duration: 7 hours 30 min.
1 - 2 passengers - (4 seater car)
3 passengers - (7 seater car)
4 - 10 passengers - (16 seater minibus)
All vehicles have A/C.
-My tour guide and service.
-A private air conditioned vehicle (See TRANSPORTATION above).
-Cold bottled water, moist towelette.
-Small boat, canoe.
-Lunch (À la carte or set menu)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 USD - To buy souvenirs, coconut candy, etc...
-Beverages (beers, soft drinks or wine) with your lunch.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our customized day tour into the Mekong Delta was truly a memorable experience. We were hoping to meet the people and travel the land with a local guide. Khoa by far exceeded our expectations. From the pick up at the hotel in Saigon, his capturing stories about the region on the drive, to the various boat rides on river and side canals and of course the amazing people we met. Thank you for this wonderful journey