Discover Matera, city of Stones and visit a local Apulian Wine Producer
Visit a renowned local winery in Gioia del Colle, discover and learn about the whole vinification process. Taste different types of wines with an accompanying narrative about philosophy and production techniques.
Travel through the National Alta Murgia National Park before getting to Matera, the City of Stones, Unesco World Heritage site since 1993. It is the most outstanding, intact example of a troglodyte settlement in the Mediterranean region, occupied since the Palaeolithic period and shows evidence of continuous human occupation through several millennia until the present day. Matera is harmoniously integrated into the natural terrain and ecosystem.
Before dropping you off close to Pascoli Square, from where you will have free time to visit, shop and eat, I will drive you to the Belvedere Area, which is located exactly on the other side of the Canyon, from where you will have the best view of the whole Sassi's City. I'm more than sure you won't regret the amazing overview.
Pick up from your accommodation in Bari City Area
Transfer to Gioia del Colle
Winery Producer & Tasting Tour
Transfer from Gioia del Colle to Matera Belvedere Area on Murgia Materana Park
Enjoy the best Overview of Matera from the other side of the Canyon
Transfer from Matera Belvedere Area on Murgia Materana Park to Matera city, close to Pascoli Square
Free time at your disposal to visit, eat and shop.
Main Points Of Interest:
- ViewPoint from Piazza Pascoli
- Santa Maria de Idris
- Casa Grotta, a typical dwelling still furnished as it was before it got abandoned
- Piazza del Sedile & San Francesco Church
- Piazza San Pietro Caveoso
- Cathedral of S. Maria della Bruna
Transfer from Matera to Bari city area & drop off at your accommodation.
Note: This tour won't be available on Sundays and also on 01 January - 01/02 April - 01 May -14/15/16 August - 01 November - 24/25/26 and 31of December due to the closure of the wine producer.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Any address/Hotel/Port/Airport/Railway Station in Bari city area.
Note: I can provide a pick up service from any other area in Apulia and Italy.
Please contact me for a quote.
End location: Any address/Hotel/Port/Airport/Railway Station in Bari city area.
Note: I can provide a drop off service to any other area in Apulia and Italy.
Please contact me for a quote.
Duration: 8 hours
The tour might be little bit longer due to traffic.
Van Mercedes Benz up to 7 passengers fully equipped with a/c, dark glasses, leather seats, free wi-fi, etc.
- Pick up/drop off service from/to your accommodation in Bari city area
- Professional English speaking Driver-Tour Leader
- All transfers provided by a Luxury Van Mercedes Benz up to 7 passengers (with the possibility to carry luggage, if needed)
- Any gas/road tolls/parking fees.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 Euro - If you would like to have a light lunch or snacks.
- € 15,00 per person Winery Producer Tour & Tasting payable directly on site.
- Entrance fee to Museums, touristic sites, attractions (if it is required).
I am not a Licensed Guide and will not be able to guide you inside of the historical monuments.