Hunting for treasures and secret places of Jewish traces..
Discover The Jewish quarter known as "The Mellah", a piece of Marrakech offered by the Sultan to Jews fleeing the Spanish Religious Wars in 1558, which became a thriving community. Visit:
- Visit Badii Palace
- Wander through to imagine the life of the community of a time. Clearly seen are doors still embellished with six-pointed stars and menorahs in wrought metal
- The one still-functioning Synagogue ( Closed Saturdays ) where the Jewish community still come to practice
- The Jewish Cemetery of Marrakesh "Miaara" where many families still come to honor their ancestors and place a rock on the tombs for remembrance
Also some hidden treasures which displays Jewish Heritage items: From oil lamps used during Hanukkah or in Synagogues, ner tamid or Hand of Fatima. More bigger are carpets and rugs from Benni Ouraine Jewish tribes from middle Atlas and south of Morocco. All to wooden doors, chests and tables carefully preserved since the golden time of the Jewish presence in Morocco.
- Meet at your Hotel, Riad or anywhere within the city
- Visit The Badii Palace built in The 16th century by The Saadian rulers and adjacent to The Mellah Area (Old Jewish Quarter. The Saadians founded The Quarter by Granting The Land to The Jewish community on that Time.
- Visit alleys of The Mellah
- Visit The Synagogue "Slat Lazama"
- Visit The Jewish Cemetery
- Visit Craft Shops with Jewish Heritage
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 hours 30 min.
Mostly a walking tour with arrival and departure transfers to the start point
Our vehicles are modern with Luxury comfort: Mercedes Vito or Viano with AC.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
700 MAD - Having some Moroccan money including small changes is always a good idea. If the Guests fail to have that it is not an issue as there are plenty of currency exchange offices as banks on the way.
local money to cover if needed ( based on 2 Travelers ):
- Drinks during the tour
- Extras not included on the itinerary
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Medhi was punctual, knowledge and extremely polite. He made this very meaningful tour very special to my husband and I. He picked us up from our hotel on a nice SUV (just as described) and took us on the tour. Marrakesh is such a magical place, and having Medhi as our tour guide made it that much more meaningful and certainly unforgettable. Thank you, Medhi!