A relaxing and scenic tour of Marlborough
This restful shore excursion will give you the flavour of Marlborough in a five hour tour. Have a wine tasting and lunch at Cloudy Bay Wines, one of Marlborough's number one wineries. Visit Upton Oaks Gardens and meet with its owner Sue. There is time for shopping for unique Kiwi gifts and wool wear at The Vines Village. Lunch and wine tasting are at your own expense.
11. 00am Collection from the Picton Information Centre. Depart for Blenheim.
11. 30pm Visit Upton Oaks Gardens.
12. 30pm Guided Wine Tasting at Cloudy Bay.
1. 15pm Relaxing lunch in the garden at Rock Ferry Wines.
2. 15pm Visit the Vines Village for some shopping (Merino wool wear, gifts, gourmet treats).
2. 45pm Chocolate tasting at Makana Confections.
3. 15pm Look out views over Cloudy Bay, hear some of the history of the area.
4. 00pm Arrive at the Picton Information Centre close to the cruise ship shuttle.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Depending on your ship please either catch the free cruise ship shuttle to the Picton Information Centre or walk to the Information Center by following the blue line.
End location: We will take you back to the Picton Information Center so you can retrace your steps to the cruise ship shuttle.
Duration: 5 hours
A late ship arrival and weather conditions could delay the tour.
Eight seater Hi Ace van with air conditioning
Transport in an air conditioned Hi Ace Toyota van. Commentary from a guide with experience in the history and wildlife of the area. Passes to Upton Oaks Garden.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 NZ - Fee for a wine tasting varies from NZ$10-$25 per person. Meal at winery is about NZ$40-$50 per person.
Your meal and the wine tasting, plus any shopping.