Mandalay Tours (2/Day)
Mandalay is the last Royal Capital, located in the central part of Myanmar on the east bank of River Ayeyarwady. It is a birth place of Myanmar Cultural and a religious center of Buddhism.
Rudyard Kipling wrote a poem called ''Road to Mandalay'' in 1890. It was set to music by Oley Speaks as "On the Road to Mandalay". George Orwell was stationed at Mandalay for a time while working for the Indian Imperial Police in Burma and his first novel, Burmese Days (1934) was based on his experiences in Burma.
Main attractions are
1. Kuthodaw Pagoda which is acknowledged as a World Memory by UNESCO, is the world biggest book due to 729 Buddhist literature stone inscription.
2. Golden Palace Monastery is original part of the Mandalay Palace which was damaged by the allied bomb during second world war two.
3. Mandalay Palace with wall, Moat on the footprint of Mandalay Hill.
4. MahaMuni Pagoda, Boating to Mingun, Ava tour by horse cart, you Being Bridge sunset and Sagaing Hill make Mandalay unique.
Mandalay city tour and Around
Day 1: Mandalay City Tour and Mingun
- Mahamuni Buddha Image was believed to build in BC600.
- Walking on Marble Stone Carving Street.
- Take a boat along up the River Ayeyarwady to Mingun.
- Mingun Phahto; 90 tons of Mingun Bell; Myatheindan white stupa.
- Mandalay Palace with wall and Moat.
- Golden Palace Monastery, original part of Palace.
- World Biggest Book Stupa complex, Kuthodaw.
- Mandalay Hill at Sunset time.
Day 2: Around Mandalay;
Three ancient cities
- Maha Gandaryone Monestary where over one thousand monks and novices are studying Buddhism.
- Sagaing Hill on the bank of River
- Sonooponenyashin Stupa has panoramic view of Mandalay and Sagaing city.
- Uminthonese; thirty buddha images in the cave.
- Kaung mu daw pagoda,
- Explore around Ancient city Ava by horse cart
-Soft Walking on you Bein, the world longest teak wooden bridge, Amarapura.
-Sunset Boat on Taungtaman Lake under you Bein Bridge.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: I can see you at airport and any places or hotels around Mandalay.
Duration: 2 days
- Flight Delay
- Unseen barriers
You will get around by car modern 2002 - 2010 Toyota with air-conditioned. It is clean and comfortable.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50000 Kyat - - Meals
- other personal expenses.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
-I have been working as a freelance licensed tour guide through out Myanmar since 2012.
All my tours have included transportation for tour sightseeing. Please inquire for further services.