Discover Malinalco Cuauhtinchan
Malinalco is a beautiful town out of México City, its archeological site is one of the most impressive in Mexico because the main temple was carved in the rock. Walking through the streets will make you feel the real taste of mexican towns with colonial arquitecture, traditional local food, local culture and great landscapes in a breathtaking enviroment.
During the Aztec empire many towns were dominated, one of them was Malinalco which was a Matlatzinca settlement before the Mexica conquest in the late 1400s. As a result, the Tlahtoani Ahuizotl, ordered to bult the Cuauhcalli ( temple of the Eagles) on the hill know as "the Mountain of the idols" which is one of the bigest and most important monolithic temples in the world.
Nowadays, Malinalco holds the tittle of "Magical Town" which is a government programme designed to show towns around the country where the visitor will have a "magical experience" not only for the beauty itself of the town but also for their cultural heritage, cousine, folklore, etc.
- Pick up at the hotel or place agreed.
- Private tour in the archeological site.
- Visit the archeological site.
- Visit the museum.
- Visit the Agustin Convent.
- Visit the plaza and main square.
- Visit the local market (if it is opened)
- As a private tour, you can visit or skip the place you want, everything on your own pace.
- Time to have lunch at the restaurant you like.
- Drop off at the hotel or place agreed.
- It will be my pleasure to be your guide.
- I suggest wearing comfortable shoes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
End Point Options: Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 9 hours
I suggest leaving the hotel or the place we have agreed at 7:00 am to get to Malinalco at 9:00 to avoid traffic jam and crowds. It takes about 2 hours to 2:15 to get to Malinalco from México City depending on traffic. Traffic jam or weather conditions may affect the length of the tour.
* This tour is not available on Mondays.
* I recommend going on Saturday or Sunday so that you can see the local market, which is great, and it is only opened at the weekends. However, it can be done any day of the week.
- Nissan Altima
- Air conditioning
- Four sits plus the driver
* In case a bigger car is required for more people, it can be arrenge with extra fee.
* Please contact me for a customized tour that meets your needs.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 MXN - $500 Pesos for meals and drinks.
Some places accept credit card.
All tours can be customizables, I will be glad to answer any questions and help you to plan your tour.
It will be my pleasure to be your tour guide.