Historic Malacca/Melaka between ports
Historically a port city famed for it's assortment of spices, UNESCO Melaka known as the land where the winds meet, has a colorful history spanning over 600 years from it's founding in the 14th century to the centuries of colonization by the Portugese, Dutch and the British. Imagine then the unique wealth of architectural, religious and cultural legacies that were assimilated and adapted to a melting pot of Asian cultures!
With that I dare say that a good start to knowing Malaysia would be to know and visit Malacca! As echoed in the words of our first prime minister whom in Malacca first unveiled the successful negotiation of our nation's independence "within the ruins of the Malacca fort, we shall build a new nation!" And hence forth, Malacca has been frequently cited as the State where it all begins.
*All tours will be tailored to suit your time allowances and interest of group.
**Itinerary will be tailored to fit time allowance. Ideally, we will be back at port 45min before the cruise weigh anchor. **
Meet & greet at Malacca
-experience a traditional trishaw ride or the river cruise or a local Hi Tea
- Dutch Square complex (dubbed the red square)- Christ church, Stadhuys, Victoria fountain & the clock tower
- St. Paul's church ruins (atop a hill overlooking the straits of malacca, the old city & the ship known as Flor de la mar)
- Porta de Santiago (the only remaining structure of the Portuguese Fortaleza that was not destroyed by the British)
- Stand at the very street upon which the news of the country's independence was first announced!
- Old Malacca quarters at Jonker, Heeren & Temple street(period houses significance, dying trades & a blend of a multicultural society through the lens of worship houses - Cheng Hoon Teng, Kg Kling mosque & Sri Poyattha Vinayaga Moorthy temple.
-visit the baba & nyonya museum, a heritage uniquely malacca
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Malacca cruise port (parameswara jetty) or locations close to jetty
End location: Malacca cruise port (parameswara jetty) or locations close to jetty
Duration: 4 hours
As we would walk to most of the sights, tour may take a little longer should it rain. (Sights are located all within 500m from each other with plenty in between to see)
Exploration of the city would be on foot.
Total walking distance approximately 3 to 4km mostly leveled ground. Short climb up the steps of St. Paul hill.
There would be a complimentary traditional trishaw ride (point of transfer at discretion of guide)
Traditional trishaw ride OR river boat ride OR local HI-tea
Entrance to Baba & Nyonya museum
The basic tour/walk would not incur any additional cost unless you're interested in additional activities such as visiting the various museums, river cruise (about 40 mins), duck tours or a 360 view of Malacca from 110m above ground!
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
we had Melissa as our guide in both KL and Malacca. She was an extremely knowledgeable guide and made our days in both ports enjoyable and informative. We learned a great deal from her and saw everything we had on our itinerary. Thank you Melissa.