I feel comfortable in Madrid, it's as simple as that. I never really thought of moving out. I think I like how temperatures can change dramatically from minus zero to over 40º, it kind of gets me going. And I have a feeling for history, this I really don't know why. But it's always been there, waiting for a chance to come out. Lucky me I get this chance almost daily: whether alone or in the company of some rather unlucky fellow who suffers the misfortune of having to politely listen to all those very interesting facts about who knows when. Not to worry, we always manage to get a laugh out of it. Come and see, it is pretty easy to become a local in Madrid after all. . . or at least this is what everybody says!!!
Now, aside of all of the above I would like to add the following:
- Advice and recommendations are free. Please feel free to contact me with queries about Madrid or Spain.
- There is normally always something special happening in town. I don't mind keeping you updated about events: shows, music, art. That again is free.
- Taking the car and driving into the Spanish countryside is real pleasure. Car rentals are inexpensive, accommodation is very affordable and the reward is great. Take a moment to think whether you can complement your first urban option with a taste of traditional countryside.
- I have but a very few tours posted on the site. However, if there is anything special you would like to do and you don't find anyone who can get it arranged for you, then most likely, I think I might be your man.
A Recent Review of this guide
Sean was very knowledgeable. He customized the tour to our needs.
- Specialized in Medieval Castilian History. But that was a long time ago now.
- Passion for Madrid. 38 years now downtown. Intense social life and rising. I've seen and understood the city's change.
- Currently active as Tour Guide worldwide, but after 10 consecutive seasons in Indonesia I am starting to regard that as my one and only destination. Prior to what's going on now, I conducted several tours in Syria.
- Informal training in the field of sociopolitical history in Southeast Asia. Self-educated but deeply interested in the topic.
- My heart is in Ireland as that old song goes. Having an Irish mother has somehow given me a different perspective over us, the Spaniards.
- I know our food reasonably well, and our bars and taverns. They normally feature as an important part of my tours.