2D/1N Inca Trail to Machupicchu
This is a very popular hike! It incorporates a significant portion of the Classic Inca Trail but in a shorter time frame!
there is great news this year. The Peruvian tourism authorities have made 250 extra permits available for this hike. That means that almost all dates in 2018 remain available!
On this hike, you will tour an Inca Ruin, Chachabamba, which is not seen on any other trek. You will also see a waterfall that is so gorgeous it can't be described!
This trek includes lodging at a very nice hotel in Aguas Calientes and dinner at the best local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
please contact me if you have kids so we can accommodate your requirements.
Day 1: Cusco - Chachabamba - Km 104 - Wiñay Wayna - Machu Picchu - Sun Gate - Aguas Calientes.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
Details of the 2 Days Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
• Starting Altitude: 2, 170 m / 7, 170 ft
• Highest Altitude: 2, 720 m / 8, 920 ft
• Walking Distance: 13 km / 8 miles
*DAY 1: Cusco - Km 104 - Wiñay Wayna - Machu Picchu.
We will pick you up from your Cusco hotel early in the morning (about 4:30 am) and then drive to the train station in Ollantaytambo in our private van. We will take the train to Kilometer 104, we will pass the Checkpoint and visit an Inca site called Chachabamba. Then, we will gradually ascend for 2 hours climbing Inca stone steps all the way up to wiñaywayna, after we visited the place we walk to the sun gate and finally we get to Machupicchu, at the end of the day we take the bus to Aguas Calientes for overnight.
*DAY 2: Machu Picchu - Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
Early breakfast at your hotel and then we will take a very early bus (5:30 am) along the winding road to Machu Picchu to see the sunrise. Once there you will be given a 2-hour walking tour of the site. then you get time to explore the wonder of the world, Late afternoon we take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where I will pick you up and finally I will take you back to Cusco or Sacred Valley hotel
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The meeting point will be our Hotel in Cusco.
I will go to your hotel the previous day for a small Pre-Trek briefing.
I am going to go to pick you up from your hotel the day of the Trek very early in the morning.
your hotel must be located in Cusco (Downtown) and I need to know in advance the name of the accommodation.
End location: I will be waiting for you at the end of the trip and me and the driver will take you to your Cusco hotel or Sacred Valley hotel, there you will be dropped off at your hotel or if there is not a road access as close as possible to it.
Duration: 2 days
We will start very early on the first day and we will finish on the second day late afternoon.
the experience will be better if we take an early train to the head trail.
* Trekking along the Inca Trail ( 6 hours of walk).
* Private Transportation Round Trip from Cusco to Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
*Private Mini Van for 3 or more participants.
*Private Automovil for 3 or 2 people.
* Expedition Train Service Round Trip (Depending on availability).
*Bus up and down to Machu Picchu from Aguas Calientes.
• Professional English speaking guide. Additional guide for groups over 8 people
• Pre-trek briefing
• Transportation from your hotel to Ollantaytambo
• Train from Ollantaytambo to Km 104
• Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes on day 1.
• Round trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu on day 2.
• Expedition train from Poroy or Ollantaytambo to KM 104.
• Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Poroy or Ollantaytambo.
• Transport by private car from Ollantaytambo or Poroy train station to Cusco.
• Admission Ticket to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu Archaeological site.
• One-night accommodation in a nice and comfortable hotel in Aguas Calientes
• 1 Deluxe Box lunch, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast
• Private guided walking tour of Machu Picchu
• First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
*Vistadome service will be offered if is available for the train ride.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
300 S/. 300.00 Peruvian Soles - *You might need some extra money for your last meal on the second day.
*Extra money to buy some souvenirs in Machupicchu or Sacred Valley.
I recommend that you bring to your Inca trail hike:
• Extra money for the first breakfast and lunch on the Second Day.
• Backpack (if not waterproof bring waterproof backpack cover or a poncho that will cover your backpack)
• Original passport is really important (if you do not bring the passport is not possible to go on the Inca trail and Machupicchu)
• Sturdy Hiking boots
• Sun protection: sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses
• Insect repellent
• Rain poncho or a good rain jacket
• Toiletries / small towel
• Bathing clothes for the hot springs (optional)
I do not have any restrictions in regard to my guiding, I can offer a full range of experiences.
I can drive during tours but I think is better for me to hire or arrange a driver and vehicle for the tours so you can enjoy the tour much better.