After this tour, you're ready to live in this city
During the tour, you'll see the highlights of Lyon and also the lyonnais life and places less known by the tourists.
It includes :
- Fourvière hill of Fourvière with its very nice view on the city and the basilica from the late 1800.
- Walk down the hill through the Roman theaters OR through the garden OR we can use the cablecar if you want to save time.
- The Old district (from the 16th) known for its "traboules" (kind of secret passages)
- The peninsula which is the city center from the 19th, settled between the two rivers of the city.
- The Croix-Rousse Hill, where the silk workers settled in the 19th and where you have lot of artcraft
- The food covered market OR the brand new modern district of Confluence
See you soon in Lyon!
If there is something that you really want to see and that I didn't mentionned, just tell me and I will add it.
- Fourvière Hill
- Walk down the hill through the Roamn Theaters or the Rosary Garden (or cable car if you prefer)
- Old town with streets and traboules
- Peninsula around City Hall square, Fine Arts Museum
- Croix-Rousse hill with Croix-Rousse square and streets to go down
- Covered market in Part-Dieu district OR Confluence district at the end of the peninsula
*Other places can be added. Don't hesitate to ask me.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Wherever you want. It can be in front of Fourvière basilica or your hotel.
End location: We usually finish in the covered market in Part-Dieu or in Confluence district or in your hotel if you prefer.
You chose what you prefer depending of your program after the tour.
Duration: 8 hours
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 EUR - - Public transportation Day pass
- Your lunch
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your own car or offer you suggestions to rent a driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Mari took us on a full day tour, from the obvious like Forviere basilica to fascinating nooks and crannies everywhere from Croix Rousse to Vieux Lyon. Never have we learned more in one day about a city's heart. We now have a huge leg up on any other tourist for the remainder of our stay in this wonderful city.