After this tour, you're ready to live in this city.
During the tour, you'll see the highlights of Lyon and also the lyonnais life and places less known by the tourists.
It includes :
- Fourvière hill of Fourvière with its very nice view on the city and the basilica from the late 1800.
- Walk down the hill through the Roman theaters OR through the garden OR we can use the cablecar if you want to save time.
- The Old district (from the 16th) known for its "traboules" (kind of secret passages)
- The peninsula which is the city center from the 19th, settled between the two rivers of the city.
- The Croix-Rousse Hill, where the silk workers settled in the 19th and where you have lot of artcraft
- The food covered market OR the brand new modern district of Confluence
See you soon in Lyon!
If there is something that you really want to see and that I didn't mentionned, just tell me and I will add it.
Walk down the hill through the Roamn Theaters or the Rosary Garden (or cable car if you prefer)
Old town with streets and traboules
Peninsula around City Hall square, Fine Arts MUseum
Croix-Rousse hill with Croix-Rousse square and streets to go down
Covered market in Part-Dieu district OR Confluence district at the end of the peninsula
Other places can be added. Don't hesitate to ask me.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Wherever you want. It can be in front of Fourvière basilica or your hotel.
End location: We usually finish in the covered market in Part-Dieu or in Confluence district or in your hotel if you prefer.
You chose what you prefer depending of your program after the tour.
Duration: 8 hours
- Local licensed guide
- Comments in spanish or english
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 EUR - Public transportation Day pass
Public transportation Day Pass
Water of coffee if you need
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your own car or offer you suggestions to rent a driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Mari is great. She knows Lyon very well and in a 1-day, 7.5-hour tour, took us to many very important Lyon highlights. She was very knowledgeable about the history of Lyon and France in general and answered all of our questions. We had a great experience and highly recommend her!