Luxury tour of Victoria's famous landmarks with a visit to Butchart Gardens for 1-6 people.
This 4-hour city tour is the ideal overview of Victoria, and affords guests photo opportunities at major Victoria landmarks, with time to visit the renowned Butchart Gardens.
Your tour begins at your pickup location, and winds through downtown Victoria, through the Inner Harbour, past architect Francis Rattenbury's British Columbia Parliament Buildings and the famous Fairmont Empress hotel. Enjoy guided commentary and an unhurried pace, with opportunities to stop for photos along the route. As we head into Victoria's Chinatown, the oldest in Canada and second oldest in North America, we'll stop for a brief refreshment - a taste of Victoria, and nod to Canada's rich cultural mosaic.
From downtown Victoria, we'll wind through country roads to The Butchart Gardens, where you'll enjoy free time to walk the gardens at your leisure, prior to returning to the city. On the route back, enjoy breathtaking panoramas from a scenic view point, prior to drop-off at your destination.
- Pickup from your specified location (hotel, cruise ship terminal, etc. )
- Scenic drive through downtown Victoria (highlights include Inner Harbour, Parliament Buildings, Fairmont Empress)
- We can stop along the route for photos - and to visit the historic Roger's Chocolates on Government Street. (Who can say no to a Victoria Cream?!)
- Drive through historic Chinatown - with an opportunity to get a photo at the gate.
- Head north to Butchart Gardens - a short, 20 minute drive from downtown Victoria.
- Visit the Butchart Gardens on foot before we return to the city.
- We'll stop en-route at a scenic view point, where you'll get a 360-degree panorama of Victoria, the Olympic Mountains and Mount Baker. If you're traveling on a cruise ship, you'll get to see it from here!
- If you have an errands to run, we can stop on the way to drop you off.
Depending on the time of day, we may adjust the order of the itinerary to showcase things in the best light. Chinatown is beautifully lit at night!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pickup for this tour is included within the Victoria area (your hotel/accommodation, transportation terminal, airport, landmark).
End location: Most tours end at the same location they began, however, if you wish to explore Victoria further on your own on foot, I can suggest other drop-off locations that may be of interest.
Duration: 4 hours
This tour is provided in a 2018 Land Rover Discovery SUV, with seating for up to 6 guests. Touring vehicles are impeccably detailed, and offer a luxurious air-conditioned touring experience. Complimentary in-car wifi is available during your tour.
This tour is suitable for 1 to 6 people, based on my vehicle capacity. It includes transportation in an ultra-luxurious 2018 Land Rover Discovery, and guide (me!).
Enjoy bottled water, a gourmet snack basket and complimentary in-car wi-fi as we tour Victoria!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Canadian Dollar - Admission fees to The Butchart Gardens are not included. These are payable upon arrival directly to The Butchart Gardens - and can be paid in cash or by major credit card.
The tour stops multiple times, with opportunities to pickup souvenirs or supplementary refreshments or a meal. During your time at The Butchart Gardens, food and beverage and shopping options abound.
Admission to The Butchart Gardens is not included with this tour.
Admission fees vary by season and age, with adult fees averaging $30 CAD per person, with significant discounts for children.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Daniel took us on a Victoria and Butchart Gardens tour and we had a wonderful day. He graciously met us at the Swartz ferry terminal earlier than scheduled, gave a fun history of the city, and arranged the itinerary to accommodate our schedule and interests. The car was a new Range Rover which was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. He even had plenty of water and snacks for our family of 5. We loved his personality and really enjoyed our tour. Would highly recommend Daniel!