Nature and Wildlife, Museums / Culture, Day Trip / Out of Town, Adventure / Active
Kid Friendly: Yes. Due to Virginia's Child Passenger Safety Laws, I can not transport children under the age of 8 years old unless an appropriate booster seat is provided.
Maximum travelers: 10
English (fluent), Arabic (advanced), Italian (basic)
The most popular caverns in the East Coast
* Visit the largest and most popular caverns in the East Coast. Luray Caverns has been renowned as one of the world's most spectacular natural wonders. On the way to the caverns, we will be driving along the Shenandoah Mountains a breathtaking natural beauty of the Shenandoah National Park.
* Discover the Giant's Hall - a towering icon inside and the tallest and most spectacular formations in the caverns.
* See the frozeen flowing limestone and it's natural beauty.
The tour will allow us take advantage of everything that Luray Caverns has to offer. We will drive from the Washington, D. C. area, on I-66 West and then we will travel over the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains and into the Shenandoah Valley.
Once we arrive at Luray Caverns, you will go on a 1 hour tour of the caverns with a local guide who specializes in cavern tours. The walk through the cavern is a light 1. 25 mile exploration. Driver/guide will always be available while you do the tour.
After the tour you can spend some time in the many gift shops, explore the Car & Carriage Caravan Museum, the Toy Town Junction, and make your way through the Luray Garden Maze!
We will spend around 4 hours at Luray Caverns, and then return to the Washington, D. C. area.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting location: Please let me know if you have a preferred pick up location within the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
End location: I will be happy to drop you off at your preferred location after the tour is over within the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
Duration: 8 hours
* Fully climate controlled 2017 Model 14 passenger Sprinter/Van.
* Very clean and modern van.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
28 USD - Luray Caverns Admission Fee
Adult = $28
Child = $15 (Age 6-12 years)
Due to safety laws, children under the age of 5 years must have an appropriate booster seat.