7 hour private tour including lunch with an astronaut, guided by your friendly space expert
Your 7 hour private tour will give you an extraordinary opportunity to learn about the history, current programs and future plans for space exploration. Your guide, "Rocket Man" Bill, is a real space expert who will explain everything you see and answer all of your questions in a way you will easily understand.
You will visit the NASA Space Center which is the most popular tourist destination in Houston. You will see the actual hardware used to go to the moon, touch a moon rock, go inside a space station, explore the Space Shuttle, visit Mission Control, and visit the Rocket Park. The highlight of this tour is lunch with a real astronaut which is ONLY AVAILABLE ON CERTAIN FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS. Please book far in advance to avoid disappointment.
Your guide will pick you up at the Houston Hobby Airport (HOU) or a nearby hotel and drop you off in Galveston at a hotel near the Cruise Terminal. You may customize this tour for pick up at an alternate location such as the Houston International Airport (IAH).
1. Pick up by private van at the Houston Hobby Airport (HOU) or a nearby hotel. NO LATER THAN 9:30 AM.
2. Drive to the Space Center Houston.
3. View an excellent movie introducing NASA's vision for human space flight.
4. Visit the Starship Gallery, touch a real moon rock and walk through an actual space station.
5. Go inside the Space Shuttle at Independence Plaza. Your guide worked on this engineering marvel for 17 years.
6. LUNCH WITH A REAL ASTRONAUT !!!
7. Take a tram ride through the Johnson Space Center.
8. Visit Mission Control and see the live, real time operations of the International Space Station.
9. Visit the Rocket Park, including a guided walk around an actual Saturn V rocket that launched the Apollo astronauts to the moon. It's the length of a football field…very impressive!!
10. Personal time for souvenir shopping and wandering around spacesuits and spacecraft.
11. Gather at the main entrance and board the van.
12. Drive to Galveston.
13. Drop off at your hotel near the cruise terminal.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up at the Houston Hobby Airport (HOU) or a nearby hotel within 10 miles / 16 km of the Space Center. Gather your luggage and meet your guide outside the baggage claim area. The best place for pick up at HOU is across the first drive though lane. Look for a silver Town and Country van. Your guide will be wearing a red NASA baseball cap.
PICK UP AT HOU AIRPORT NO LATER THAN 9:30 AM.
You may make advanced arrangements with your guide for an alternate pickup location such as the Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) or a center city hotel. Additional charges will apply for alternate drop off locations, depending on the extra time and distance involved. Pick up timing for this tour is critical.
End location: Drop off at the Galveston Cruise Terminal or a a nearby hotel.
Duration: 7 hours
Times may vary due to traffic and weather conditions.
9:30 am Pick up at the Houston Hobby Airport (HOU) or your local area hotel.
10:00 am Start your guided tour at Space Center Houston.
12:00 pm Lunch with an astronaut.
2:30 pm Depart Space Center Houston for the drive to Galveston
3:30 pm Drop off at the Galveston Cruise Terminal or a nearby hotel.
2012 Chrysler Town & Country 7 passenger van
The van is large enough to comfortably carry 5 guests plus 2 pieces of checked luggage per person. Extra luggage or oversized luggage may require some bags to be stored in the passenger seating area.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 $USD - Per person for snacks and drinks, not including souvenirs. Space Center Houston has 2 souvenir shops and a large food court. You will be able to pay with any major credit card or cash.