IN BRIEF: Head to Durlston Park, the gateway to the Jurassic Coast. Then to Durdle Door, arguably one of the most photographed natural rock formations on the south coast. We then have a short walk from Durdle Door to Lulworth Cove. This can be made along the beach or over the cliffs. Lulworth Cove is a perfect horse-shoe-shaped bay created by the sea hollowing out the soft clays to reach the harder chalk behind. Visit the Lulworth Visitor Centre, and learn about the phenomenon caused 147 million years ago.
Spend time at Corfe Castle Thousand-year-old royal castle shaped by warfare. Discover 1, 000 years of our history as a royal palace and fortress. With fallen walls and secret places, there are tales of treachery and treason around every corner.
Tyneham Villagers were told to evacuate the entire village and farms by the Government in 1943. They were assured they would be able to return to their village after the war end. It never happened. Wander the Abandoned Village.
* Start at Durlston Park - Admire the Castle and Old harry Rocks
* Head to the village of Corfe.
* Explore Corfe Castle
* Lulworth Castle
* Then it's off to Durdle Door
* We then have a short drive from Durdle Door to Lulworth Cove.
* Take your time to visit the Lulworth Visitor Center, and learn about the phenomenon caused 147 million years ago
* Visit the Abandoned Village of Tyneham. (Subject to opening times)
* Then we head back to the town of Weymouth
* Visit Portland the jewel of the Jurassic Coast
* Abbostbury if time is on our side
* Head back to your drop off point
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I can meet you at a destination of your choice.
End location: Weymouth Sky Tower. Weymouth sea front. Or destination of your choice.
Duration: 7 hours
During high season, traffic may affect the duration of the trip.
This tour consists of part Auto travel, and some walking.
*Transport (Private Vehicle)
*Complimentary pick up & drop off
*Photo stops along the way
*Experienced, fun and knowledgeable private guide
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 GBP - Lunches, refreshments etc
Weymouth Sky Tower entrance fee (optional £8)
Lunches, refreshments etc