A Customized and personal drive up and through a part of the Lower Hudson River Valley
We will drive across the George Washington Bridge and up the Palisades Interstate Parkway to Bear Mountain State Park, perhaps to hike a trail or two and see the autumn foliage, continue up river to visit West Point, briefly, and then cross the Bear Mountain Bridge and proceed south along the river. We may choose to stop at a unique estate - Boscobel - and then have lunch in Cold Spring.
Our tour will be more personal, and will be responsive to your suggestions and inspiration.
There are many possibilities but here is one proposal:
1. Drive up the west side of the Hudson River to Bear Mountain; we achieve the best spot for a panoramic view of the river
2. We Visit West Point.
3. We cross the Bear Mountain Bridge, and visit Boscobel, and catch a glimpse of Constitution Island and West Point
4. We visit Cold Spring for lunch
5. If time allows, we visit the Dia Museum in Beacon, NY
6. . We continue down the east side of the Hudson and return to your hotel.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: We will arrange the appropriate pick-up spot once we have an arrangement.
Duration: 9 hours
This tour would extend for up to 9 hours, but could be less if desired.
We will be in a private car.
If there are more than 3 a larger vehicle with driver will be needed, and will incur an extra cost.
PLEASE message me before booking!
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 US dollars - This is the minimum cash one might need handy for this tour. This does not include those expenses you may find easier to pay with credit card. So, this cash could be used for snacks, etc., as well as souvenirs - although most places do take credit cards.
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks