As your driver and guide let me show you why I am proud to be part of the fabric of London and can't wait to show you my home City.
I have always been fascinated by the history and heritage that surrounds me every day and it would be my absolute pleasure as a driver guide to show you around all the famous, and not so famous, sites of London. Or we can venture into the beautiful English countryside for excursions to Windsor and the Thames Valley, Hampton Court, Stratford-upon-Avon, The Cotswolds, Stonehenge, Salisbury, Bath, Oxford, Blenheim Palace and more. I will give you a full commentary and plenty of opportunities to walk around and take photos.
I have been a London Black Cab driver since 1996 having passed the world's most stringent taxi test 'The Knowledge of London' which takes an average 3 years of study and gives me an unparalleled mastery of the topography of London.
I am also a fully qualified Taxi Guide with the Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers, authorized by the University of London, an accredited City of London Guide with the Institute of Tourist Guiding, a member of the City Guides and Lecturers Association and a Blue Badge Student.
My Vehicle is a London Black Cab which is a London icon in itself, so what better way to get up close to the famous sites and some not so famous gems that not even life-long Londoners know about. My cab is a 2017 limited edition model, is fully air-conditioned and can comfortably seat 5 people as well as being fully wheelchair accessible.
Experience London with a true Londoner in a vehicle that's as famous as London itself!
A Recent Review of this guide
We had a wonderful tour with Paul to Stonehenge and Bath! He is very accommodating and knowledgeable. Although it was a lot of driving, we had good conversation the whole way to make it go faster. He accompanied us around Stonehenge and provided a lot of information about the site and the history. Similarly, he toured us around Bath, but we also had time to wander on our own. It was a wonderful day and would definitely use Paul again for another tour if back in the area.
- 'City of London Guide' accredited by The Institute of Tourist Guiding
- Completed the 'Knowledge of London' in 1996 to become a Licensed London Taxi Driver
- Became a Taxi Driver Guide with 'The Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers' (accredited by the City University) in 2014
- Completed the Foundation Course 'Introduction to Guiding in the City' in 2015
- Member of the City of London Guide and Lecturers Association
- London Blue Badge student
- Studied horticulture for 3 year to become qualified with 'City & Guilds'
- Passionate about British history, and love Guiding.
I am not a Blue Badge Guide which means that although I can accompany you inside the Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral and Westminster Abbey I cannot guide inside these historical monuments.