Wet rice farmer (4 hours)
Rice is the staple diet in many Asian countries, especially in Vietnam. Perhaps, you have seen rice growing in most of Asian rice paddy fields. However, you do not know the sequence of rice cultivation in Vietnam. It is still secret know how for the western tourists. We would like to organize the wet rice growing tour for you. Through this tour, we instruct you how to cultivate rice in the fields and also help you experience the hardships of Vietnamese farmers.
We are sure this tour will make your trip an extremely memorable experience.
Please, contact me for a customize tour if you have more than 2 members.
- Picking up and dropping off guest at hotel by bicycle ( In case of not being able to bike, van can be used to go as an option.
- Starting biking to the countryside throughout the rice paddle, enjoy the fresh air with the nature
- Meeting the local farmer, talking with them about their local farming daily life, having a cup of tea with them at the middle of the rice paddle field farm.
- Wearing farming clothes before getting into muddy rice field like: Vietnamese authentic and traditional farmer clothes, conical hat, boost …etc …
- Listening to the tour guide introduced and explained about the process of the wet rice how to grow it.
- Starting the farming works to learn how to grow wet rice with water buffalo plough, use agricultural water system.
- Transplanting baby wet rice at the rice paddle field
- Enjoy riding with water buffalo at a small pond at the rice farm
- Having a local meal with the local farmer at their house
- Biking back hotel
Ending the trip
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel in Hoian
End location: Your hotel in Hoian
Duration: 4 hours
Pick up & return at hotel in Hoi An town or put bike
English speaking guide
Farming uniforms: Clothes, conical hat, boost, gloves
1 unit of soft drink
A local rice meal with a local farmer family at the rice field
- Your personal expenses
- Cruise ship travelers - extra fee for long distance 2hours = 75$ US
- Travel insurance
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Thuan provided a great tour! He picked us up from our hotel in Da Nang, and had a driver take us to Hoi An. We biked to the rice farm, rode the water buffalo, plowed, winnowed, seeded, and planted parts of the rice paddy. You will get dirty doing this tour, but it's absolutely worth it! Thuan's English is very good. He helped us afterward when our flight was delayed, calling our other hotel to arrange transportation for us and checking us into the flight. He really went above and beyond all the way!