Private Tour Including Berry Springs Reserve, Historic Batchelor Township and Iconic Litchfield National Park
A full day private tour exploring the Litchfield region of Australia's scenic Top End, including the idyllic Berry Springs reserve, historic Batchelor township and iconic Litchfield National Park.
Experience the natural wonders of the region and learn the recent and ancient history of the landscape.
Led by a local with a love for the region and a passion to share. This experience is for those who want a comprehensive, thoughtful day out.
Begin the day with a relaxing walk along beautiful Berry Springs or a natural water massage in the partially geothermally warmed waterfalls before venturing to the historic hamlet of Batchelor.
Here we learn the history which shaped the region and enjoy a fresh BBQ of local caught wild Barramundi before entering Litchfield National Park and getting amongst the beauty and attractions there.
Be prepared for a swim, magic views and short walk options as you discover the aussie Top End outback.
This tour is fully flexible to suit your preferences and desires on the day. As a guide the following is suggested as a starting point.
- Begin in the City around 7:30 AM journeying south to Berry Springs.
- Paddle around Berry Springs and watch the many fish, look for turtle, or sit casually under the waterfall.
- Next, we set our sights on the historic township of Batchelor.
- Along the way get to know the landscape and history of the Top End as I fill you in on the past and present before arriving at Batchelor Town.
- In Batchelor, we take the time to enjoy the local Batchelor museum which showcases many personal stories of the people and events which shaped the NT.
- Following Batchelor we move on to Litchfield National Park. Explore cascading waterfalls, swimming spots and viewpoints. A great place to go for a stroll along rainforest shaded creeks or sit casually and relax. If bush survival is of interest then Litchfield Park is the perfect classroom.
- Return to Pick Up Point
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 10 hours
This tour is suitable for all times of year and typically takes between 8 to 10 hours to complete.
Your tour will utilize either a modified Toyota Commuter 2009 (capacity 6) or a 2011 Mercedez Sprinter (capacity 8) depending on the number of guests. Both vehicles are spacious with efficient and chilly air conditioning.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
I am fluent in English only such that any other language will require a translator at additional cost.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Robert is a fabulous and authentic guide. His knowledge is wonderful and his passion is contagious. He looked for the best spots for us to enjoy all the beauty without all the crowds. The day was so well planned out with homemade muffins and tea for our morning stop, an amazing lunch in a beautiful picnic area by a great swimming hole and he bid us goodbye at the end of the day with homemade cookies. Thank you, Robert, for sharing an incredible day with us.