Religious tour in Normandy/ Saint Therese/ Basilica/ Carmelite Monastery
We will enjoy a tour of the home of St. Therese whom Pope Pius X called "the greatest saint of modern times. "
Her extraordinary love for God and service to humanity comes alive as you visit the Basilica of Saint Therese, one of the biggest and most magnificent religious structures built in the 20th-century.
While we will stop at Les Buissonets, St. Therese's family home, there on display are relics, clothing, and personal objects belonging to the "little flower. "
Before leaving, tour the Carmelite Convent with a small interesting museum.
Discover with me Lisieux, a world-famous thanks to Therese Martin, better known as Sainte-Thérèse-de-l'Enfant-Jésus.
This is the place considered to be the second town of pilgrimage in France with some 700, 000 visitors each year!!!
-Let's start with the Basilica built in the 20th century in her honor;
- Continue with Les Buissonets, St. Therese's family home;
- Tour the Carmelite Convent with a small interesting museum.
- Finish with a dinner in Lisieux
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: As with all my tours, I am flexible with the pick-up locations.
- I can pick you up in Caen/ Bayeux
- if you are to arrive to Caen by train, I'll pick you up at the train station: 15 Place de la gare - 14 000 CAEN.
- if you stay in the hotel located in Caen (or in the area approximately 15 km from Caen) WITHOUT transport, I'll pick you up at your hotel with the car and the driver.
-if you have your personal transport, the MEETING is Caen Memorial Museum, Esplanade Général Eisenhower, 14050 Caen ( the parking is free)
- if you stay in any other city/ town/ village in LOWER NORMANDY without a car, I can pick you up at your hotel ( for the additional extra pay depending on the distance from Caen).
Paris-Caen: 145 miles, 2h40
Caen-Bayeux: 19 miles, 30 min
Le Havre-Caen: 54 miles, 1h30
Caen- Mont St Michel: 79 miles, 1h40
Caen- Lisieux: 39 miles, 50 min
Caen- Honfleur: 39 miles, 50 min
End location: - the train station: 15 Place de la gare - 14 000 CAEN.
- Caen Memorial Museum, Esplanade Général Eisenhower, 14050 Caen if you have your transport.
- Your hotel if you stay in Caen
- Any other hotel in Lower Normandy ( please mind the additional charges included to the price depending on the distance from Caen to your hotel)
Duration: 8 hours
Extra hour will be charged ( 50 euros)
For the groups from 1 to 3 people, you'll be travelling in VW berline, 5 places with Svetlana as your driver and your guide.
For the parties bigger than 3 people, you will travel in a deluxe air-conditioned minivan WITH the DRIVER and Svetlana as your GUIDE.
The possibility of having VIP cars like Tesla or Jaguar for the extra.
The possibility of having the minibuses 19-36 places.
For this tour all that you need- is just your foot and energy, because it's 5 hours walk in the city center!
Guided tour in Lisieux includes:
- me as your tour guide with all my live commentaries;
- transport in a nice VW Minivan 9 places with the professional licensed driver
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 euros - 40 euros - During our walk you will see a great number of local shops with the specialties produced only in this region. Don't worry, we will have as many stops as you want for the souvenirs and for the shops, so grab 10-15 euros.
The museum "Carmel" has an extraordinary book shop with the English collections of video-materials, books and CDs.
- Any museum entrance ( but the itinerary I am suggesting doesn't include any paid museum)
- Shops, souvenirs
I can create a customized tour for you in case you have special requests or if you are less/more than "7" amount of people and need a smaller/larger vehicle.
If you are just 2- the price is 750 euros.
If your group requires a minibus of 19 places- it is 1350 euros.
If you arrive to Le Havre, the tour price for 7 people is 1350 euros/ for 2- 850 euros.
The tour duration is 8 hours. It means if I pick you up at 9 a.m. I bring you back at 5 p.m. ( extra hours will be charged )