Bimbia Slave trade Market, Lava site, Limbe Zoo, Botanic gardens and more
Limbe (victoria) was discovered by the British in 1910. It is a sea site resort, an OPEC city, and a natural harbour city. Limbe is situated at the Atlantic coast line of West Africa. It has black sand beaches, zoological center, Botanic Garden, Bimbia slave trade market and the national oil refinery(sonara). It host the Cameroon Development Corperation(C. D. C) which is the second employer(approx 25000 employees) in the country after the Gorverment. There are many good beach Hotels and a 15000 soccer seater stadium and more. Limbe is a vibrant zone for visitors to discover many exceptional attractions.
The Limbe wildlife center host rescued primates, crocodile, python and many more animals.
- We start our visit at Limbe Botanic Garden, we visit the Jungle village, Commonwealth graves for soldiers who fought the Second World War, we enjoy the flora rich Garden.
- Limbe Wildlife Center where Chimpanzee, Monkeys, Gorillas, Crocodile, Snakes, Antelopes and other wildlife are provided sanctuary after they are recovered from poachers.
- We leave for the Bakingili Lava site, on our way we shall see the following at a glance. Bota Naval base, CDC head office, Workers lodging camps
and palm plantation, View of mt Etinde 1713M and only Oil refinery in Cameroon(SONARA)
. At. lava site, the April 1999 Eruption of Mt Cameroon flew and cool just few meters from the road and the sea. get a great view of the flow.
- We leave for Bimbia where we visit the first Presbyterian church in Cameroon built by British missionary Joseph Merrick, slave trade market with alot of relics, see" door of no return", a canon used during the First world war.
Return Down beach, see fish market and relax at beach for Dinner
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: We can meet in Buea or Limbe.
End location: Ends at neither Limbe nor Buea depending on your choice.
Duration: 10 hours
at times this tour can be done less than 10 hours and also trafic, weather and other hazards can cause delay.
For groups of 1-8pax hired car which can be a comfortable taxi or private car while for big groups above 10 pax we use a Toyota coasta car
-Guide and guides on sites.
- entrance fees to the limbe botanic gardens, zoological center, Lava site in Bakingili village and the slave trade site.
- Hired care with driver, fuel and all toll gates.
- Dinner at Down beach( roasted fish and mayok a local product) with a bottle of drink each.
- 3 liters of mineral water each.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25000 franc cfa beac - buy snacks, pay camara fees and personal needs
- Any support for any projects on the sites we are to visit.
- Camera fees and other personal needs