Let's start the day on the top of Lille
Get your first experience of Lille from the top of its City Hall Bell Tower (Belfry), the highest of
Europe (104m). If you are ready to climb the first 100 steps to reach the elevator, you will get a wonderful overview over the city before exploring it together. I will take you around our treasure island and reveal to you some of its legends, secrets and anecdotes during our walking tour.
You will discover the history of Lille as we wander around different old districts of Lille to admire its architecture, middle age houses, nice stores and discover the best places to taste our traditional Flemish specialties over lunch time. I will also give you good addresses according to your interests so you can continue to enjoy your stay in Lille after our tour.
During the day we will also stop for a coffee with a waffle, croissant or a local pastry of your choice.
I can of course customize this tour based on your interest and time availability, so do not hesitate to contact me.
- The Main Square and Theather Square with their remarkable buildings. Old stock Exchange, Opera house…)
- City Hall and its Bell Tower (Belfry), Paris Gate and Hospice Gantois
- Republique Square and pedestrian shopping area
- The Old city and its narrow streets from the middle age and its hidden "cours" (typical worker house in Lille during the industrial revolution).
- The Royal and Esquermoise streets to discover unique stores, cafés and the waffle shop "Meert", the oldest and most famous pastry shop in Lille.
- Back to the main Square
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 7 hours
The visit of the Belfry may depend on weather condition and impact the length of the tour. Another activity like the visit of the amazing Relief map of the city dated from the 18th century at Lille museum could be an alternative.
Lille has lots of old cobblestone streets, so I strongly recommend to wear comfortable shoes and no high heels
Walking tour but we may use public transportation depending on weather conditions and your preference
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 euro - Everywhere we go will accept credit cards but it's still a good idea to have a little cash on hand for a bottle of water, a postcard...
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
-As per government law, I cannot guide you inside museum or historical monument/building