With its stunning location at the lake and its thousand-years-old history, the Olympic Capital is a must to discover
Chief-town of the canton (state) Vaud and 4th largest city in Switzerland, Lausanne adds the charm of a town at the lake to a very interesting story well representative of the Swiss history.
The city, built on three hills above the lake, looks down on the enchanting Port of Ouchy, while its heart beats at the rhythm of history and culture.
Whether one would prefer to see the modern and brand new center of Lausanne or jump into history with the visit of the Old Town and the 13th-century cathedral, Lausanne is full of surprises and its peculiar topography offers many beautiful points of view. The dynamic, as well as cozy feeling of this university city, touches every visitor walking through its various faces.
Lausanne may offer you a wide range of activities, its location is perfect for mountain excursions, and within its 20 museums, some of them are unique in the world (Collection Art Brut or Olympic Museum), while its very new Aquarium - the largest freshwater aquarium in Europe just added to its interest.
From your hotel in Lausanne, let's take a walk through Lausanne.
Your Lausanne Transport Card (offered by the hotel) will give you free access to the various public transportation, allowing us to discover any part of the city you may wish to see with little effort - keeping the walking downhill.
- The visit will take you to our cathedral Notre-Dame de Lausanne, we will see the new Parliament and the Castle of Lausanne, step down the Market Stairs - a marvelous passage through the oldest part of Lausanne towards the shopping and pedestrian areas of Lausanne, before joining the modern center of Lausanne called Flon.
- A little journey with the M2, unique metro line in Switzerland, will bring us to the lake - unless you fancy walking down.
- No visit to museum or aquarium are included in the tour, but I'll give you many suggestions for your free time in the city.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel or to be agreed with customer.
End location: At your hotel or to be agreed with customer.
Duration: 3 hours
Lausanne Transport Card given by the hotels in the city in order to avoid steep walking up. Gives access to the metro and city buses. Otherwise walking.
- Private guided tour of Lausanne on foot.
- Possibilities to take local buses or metro with the Lausanne Transport Card offered to any guests staying in a hotel in the city (If no hotel booked, public transport day ticket recommended).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 CHF - Drinks if required p.person.
- Any personal expenses, like drinks.
- In case you do not overnight in Lausanne and do not want to walk all along, public transportation ticket is recommended (day pass CHF 9.30).
I am not licensed (so not allowed) to guide you inside historical monuments or museum.
I do not have a professional license to drive clients in my own car - but I can arrange for a separate car or driver - or accompany you in your own vehicle.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Professional, knowledgable and friendly. Made a chilly day warm and fun.