England's beautiful Lakes
A full-day driving tour to the Lake District: within two hours, I can bring you to the heart of England's Lake District to enjoy beautiful scenery, picturesque villages and tranquillity. The tour can be tailored to your specific wishes.
- Two-hour drive north from Liverpool (with comfort break if necessary en-route)
- Four hours sight-seeing in the Lake District
- Two-hour drive back to Liverpool
- The specific itinerary can include some of the following destinations:
- Bowness-on-Windermere with a lake cruise
- Coniston, with its links to Donald Campbell, John Ruskin and Arthur Ransom's "Swallows and Amazons"
- Grasmere, with its links to William Wordsworth and delicious Grasmere Gingerbread
- Hawkshead, with its links to Beatrix Potter (visit to Hill Top can be arranged) and William Wordsworth
- the market town of Keswick
- a cruise on Coniston Water's historic Steam Yacht Gondola
- Castlerigg Stone Circle
- Tours based on William Wordsworth, Beatrix Potter, Arthur Ransome. . .
This is just a small snapshot of possible itinerary options! Just tell me what your interests are, and I will plan your day accordingly.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel
Duration: 8 hours
The journey time to and from the Lake District is based on the motorway journey and potentially subject to traffic delays.
Private chauffeur-driven car, MPV or luxury minicoach
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 GBP - Possible entrances/fares for:
e.g. Dove Cottage, Hill Top, Brantwood, Steam Yacht Gondola, Windermere Lake Cruises
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver guide, but am very happy to accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate vehicle and driver.