A perfect mix of history and nature
The Island nicknamed "Ré la Blanche" ("Ré the white") because of its house color is a small paradise facing the western part of La Rochelle.
Accompanied by our private driver, we will make various stops to experience a wonderful journey.
Discover the charming harbour of La Flotte and walk along the typical little houses with colored shutters. We will then have a look to the old market from the XIIth century and taste some brilliant French cheeses.
Explore the citadel of St Martin de Ré (on the UNESCO World Heritage list) and discover the walls that were besieged by the Duke of Buckingham in 1627.
Take a walk into the nature reserve of Lilleau des Niges. It's the perfect place to discover Ile de Ré typical landscape, shaped by nature and human activities.
Enjoy the sight of the 55 meter high lighthouse called Phare des Baleines and swim or walk at the nearby beach des Conches.
We will depart from your hotel or cruise ship with our private driver and head to the Isle of Ré. There we will discover :
- the Chateliers Abbey ruins
- the old towns and harbours of La Flotte and Saint Martin de Ré
- the nature reserve of Lilleau des Niges following one of the paths that will lead us in the middle of oyster beds and salt pans
- the Martray isthmus, the island narrowest point
- Saint Clément des Baleines lightouse
- Beach des Conches
Please note this tour can be modified according to your desires
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel or at your cruise ship with a private driver.
End location: I will bring you back at your hotel or at your cruise ship with a private driver.
Duration: 7 hours
In July and August the traffic increases a lot, especially on Fridays and Saturdays. This can prevent us from making some of the stops in the itinerary.
The car is a BWM Series 2 Gran Tourer with air conditioned. Four travelers can seat comfortably in it, there is an extra seat but it's small and more suitable for a child.
- My services as your private tour guide
- Transportation with a private driver
- Advice for the rest of your trip
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 euros - For snacks and drinks
- A lunch break can be organized in one of the great seafood restaurants located on the island. Just tell me where and what you would like to eat and I'll make you several propositions (from 17 euros per person)
- 2.8 euros if you want to enjoy the view from the top of Les Baleines lighthouse (257 steps)
- Any personal expenses or souvenirs
I am not a driver guide but I can arrange transportation upon request.
I am not licensed to guide inside museums due to local regulations.