Heritage & Culture through the lens of historic landmarks, architecture, religious houses & local markets
Kuala Lumpur or fondly known as KL, expanded from the wealth of tin is the capital city of Malaysia. It has in a short span of 160 years, transformed from dense jungle teaming with wild tropical animals to boast the world tallest twin tower while retaining it's old world colonial charm.
Visit in a short span of a few hours (ideally 4 hours) the landing site of the 87 tin prospector who gave KL it's foundation. Walk along the river shaded by rain trees, witness the puzzling colonial British buildings designed in a picturesque Mughal & Mohammedan style while listening to the history and stories of a country's struggle to attain it's independence. Experience what was Kuala Lumpur like in the late 1800s via photographs, see first hand what KL is like today and project yourself into the future landscape of KL via miniature models.
Culturally, explore the rich diversity of a strangely oriented Chinese temple, a grand Hindu temple, the wet alley market & Chinatown.
*Sites can be customized according to interest
Meet & Greet at hotel lobby (in KL)
- Old Market Square (1860s chinatown)
- Foundation site of old KL (overlooking Jamek mosque)
- Independence Square (independence field, clustered of picturesque Mughal/Mohammedan buildings, St. Mary's cathedral)
- Scaled model of KL skyline (tickets included)
- Centre Market (old market now arts & craft bazaar)
- Sin Sze Ya temple
- Sri Maha Marriamman Hindu temple
* itinerary to be customized depending on available time & interest. eg stop for lunch/dinner/visit to the Petronas twin towers.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel lobby in KL. Please specify hotel upon booking.
End location: Hotel lobby unless requested otherwise.
Duration: 3 hours 30 min.
Connecting rails (LRT/KTM/monorail)& walking
- Rail expenses within sights
- Entrance to KL City Gallery
- Local snacks/tropical fruits along the way
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 Ringgit Malaysia (RM) - per pax - For personal expenses eg lunch or souvenirs etc
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
I had two private tours with Melissa. She was punctual, always friendly and brought me to all the places which we had planned. She was well organised with transportation. Most of all, she is VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. The tours have been highly interesting and I learned a lot. I can recommend Melissa without any reservation.