Experience the glow from the Crater and see LAVA glow and DINNER
THE MUST SEE BIG ISLAND ATTRACTION: Volcanoes National Park, at night is the BEST. Plus dinner and/or wine tasting at the Volcano!
The Ultimate Private small group experience, narrated private tour, Water and Snacks provided. Free photography is included with the tour and uploaded to our photo sharing cloud for you to email links of the tour.
This tour includes a stop at the Volcano House for dinner, dinner is not included on the price like other tours because they don't stop here for dinner. This is the BEST dinner spot, you can see the Caldera.
With this Tour you have options, EITHER:
1. Experience Old Hawaii and Rainbow falls waterfall, the charm of Hilo the City of Parks with its crown jewel Queen Liliuokalani Japanese Gardens the largest Japanese Garden outside of Japan. (Hilo suffered large Tsunamis in 1946 & 1960)
2. Stop at Volcano Winery and have a great time doing wine tasting flights and learning about wines in Hawaii, also this allows about half an hour shopping at the Volcano House gift shop
The Best of Volcanoes National Park in the comfort of a Mercedes Sprinter van with DVD media.
Tour includes the following: Volcanoes National Park
Jagger Museum, Kileau Volcano Overlook
Halema'uma'u Crater (Glow from lava visible on twilight tours)
Thurston Lava Tube
Tour Includes Optional:
1. The town of Hilo suffered large Tsunamis in 1946 and 1960
Queen Liliuokalani Japanese Gardens (30 magnificent acres across from Hilo bay)
Rainbow Falls State Park (Waterfall)
2. If you would rather stop at the Volcano Winery they have flights for less than $10 plus snack trays. This stop of about an hour gives about 30 minutes shopping at the Volcano gift stores, some of the best on the island.
*Water and Snacks Included
Where and When:
Meet up location West Hawaii Island
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Kona Coast Hotel Resort Condo or Airport
End location: Kona Coast Hotel Resort Condo or Airport
Duration: 9 hours
11:00 AM to 1:30 PM Start times available Wednesday to Friday every week. Not wanting to do Tuesday because a ship is in Hilo on Tuesday's so the traffic in the Park can be extreme. If you are staying in Kona add an hour to this time.
Mercedes Benz Sprinter Van 11 Passenger Capacity with DVD media and air conditioning. If you have more than 11 please contact me first.
* Transportation: Mercedes 11 Passenger van with air conditioning and DVD media.
* Certified Volcano National Park guide with narration.
* Free Photography downloaded to Photo Cloud
* Bottled water & snacks included.
* Ponchos & umbrellas if needed.
* 9-10 Hours of time
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Dollars - Estimated for snacks, souvenirs and payment to guide extra.
Amount paid per person: 10 USD (National Park Fee)
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Entrance fee $10 per person paid on the day in Cash. Volcanoes National Park requires payment even if you have a Park Pass because this is a Commercial tour.
Dinner is NOT included in price because the Volcano House Restaurant does not give special deals and reservations need to be made (I will do for you). There is fine dining and less expensive options depending on taste. Extraordinary experience and worth it! Never had anyone hate it.
Plus any other stops for food or dinner.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Jodi was an amazing guide and a perfect fit four our group. She is very sweet, friendly, knowledgeable and funny. She kept everything very interesting and we were never board or felt like time was dragging. We spent 11 hrs with Jodi and she was simply a joy and definitely one of the bunch by the end of the tour. I would do this tour with her all over again and will definitely reach out to her when in Kona again.