Pyramid temple -remote temple
Koh Ker temple is about 100km from Siem Reap town. We drive there by private car about 1 hour and half. Koh Ker temple was situated in the first capital city of Cambodia. It was built by King Jayavaraman IV (AD 928-942) and has 7 steps like pyramid. Each step 5 meters high.
Beng Mealea temple the jungle temple which was built by SuryavarmanII: the same king that built Angkor Wat. The style of the temple resembles that of Angkor Wat. This holy place is dedicated to Hinduism and Buddism, with carvings showing legends of Vishnu, Shiva and the Buddha. It has been mostly left the way it was found by explorers. The temple is overgrown by trees and tree roots, which makes you feel like Indiana Jones when you walk through the temple.
- around 8am we depart from Siem Reap to Koh Ker temple. It will take around 1 hour and half. (lunch time at local restaurant near by temple. Not included in price)
- On the way back from Koh Ker we visit Beng Mealea temple and afterwards drive back to town.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Anywhere in Siem reap
End location: Anywhere in Siem reap.
Duration: 8 hours
Private Air Conditioned SUV or minivan for larger groups.
- Private Air Conditioned Car
- English Speaking driver and guide
- Private Tour
-Explore in Local market tour
-Cold towel and cold water during the tour
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 usd - Estimate of cost of lunch per person: 5 to 15 dollar pp, depending on your choice.
- Lunch and Personal expenses not mentioned
- Entrance fee to Koh ker :10usd/person and Beng mealea:5usd/person
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
The guide had exceptional customer service skills. He was polite, kind and informative. He had great knowledge of the temples. There wee tear personal touches and local visits. Thank you so much.