Discover Kochi in Tuk Tuk with Local Guide !!!
Kochi was a fishing village in the Kingdom of Kochi in the pre-colonial Kerala. Kochi is also known as the "Queen of Arabian Sea". It was the centre of Indian spice trade for many centuries, because of her rich spice history Kochi was attracted by most of the foreign traders. Kochi was the first European colonies for Portuguese in the colonial India from the year 1500-1663, followed by Dutch and later by the British. It is the old buildings which most clearly reveal this deep-rooted colonial influence. In 1947, when India gained independence from the British colonial rule, Cochin was the first princely state to join the Indian Union willingly.
During this tour we travel in local tuk tuk to discover the traditional landmarks of kochi which includes ancient Chinese fishing nets, the historical European settlements like Vasco de gama church and dutch cemetery, the Dutch palace, a museum under ASI, and walk through Jewish street towards Jewish synagogue and also experience the life of local people
1. Meet the travellers at the Cruise ship Terminal / Hotel.
2. Travelling towards Fort Kochi by Air conditioned cab / Van.
3. Shifting to Tuk tuk (Auto Rikshaw) for a local drive experience.
4. Towards the ancient Chinese fishing nets and watch local people doing fishing.
5. Walking towards St. Francis Church through the historical landmarks of Kochi.
6. Watching Dutch cemetry and Fort kochi Beach.
7. Santa cruz Basilica Church.
8. Enjoying Lunch at a local Restaurant.
9. Towards Dhobhi Khana- the local washing area.
10. Drive through the Local shopping streets.
11. Visiting Local traditional Spice /Tea/Perfume/ Ginger Warehouses.
12. Towards the Dutch Palace, museum under the Archeological Survey of India.
13. Walking towards Jewish Synagogue through the famous Jewish street at Mattancherry.
14. Shifting back to Air conditioned Cab / Van.
15. Enjoying Gift hunting at local/ tourist shopping markets.
16. Back to the Cruise terminal / hotel as discussed earlier.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meet the team at Cruise terminal / Hotel .
End location: Back to the Cruise terminal / Hotel as discussed earlier.
Duration: 5 hours
Tour timings depends on public holidays, weather,traffic etc
Modern, clean and air-conditioned cab/ van for pick up and drop to the cruise terminal .
Nice and clean tuk tuk (Auto rickshaw) for local city tour. 1 tuk tuk for 2 people.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 Indian Rupee - If having lunch out in a local restaurant.
Some temples are restricted for Hindus Only.
I do not have a license to give tours inside the Dutch Palace.
Photography is prohibited in some places which I will let you know...