4- Hour Kochi Heritage Small Group Tour !!!
Discover the highlights of kochi . Kochi was a fishing village in the Kingdom of Kochi in the pre-colonial Kerala. kochi is also known as the "Queen of Arabian Sea". Kochi was the centre of Indian spice trade for many centuries, because of her rich spice history kochi was attracted by most of the foreign traders. Kochi was the first european colonies for Portuguese in the colonial India from the year 1500-1663, followed by Dutch and later by the British. It is the old buildings which most clearly reveal this deep-rooted colonial influence. In 1947, when India gained independence from the British colonial rule, Cochin was the first princely state to join the Indian Union willingly.
During the tour in Fort kochi, we will discover the traditional landmarks of historical Kochi, which includes ancient Chinese fishing nets, the historical European settlements like Vasco de gama church and dutch cemetry and towards the Dutch palace, a museum under ASI and walk through Jewish street towards jewish Synagogue.
1. Meet the travellers at the Cruise ship Terminal / Hotel.
2. Travelling towards Fort Kochi by Air conditioned cab / Van.
3. Watching the ancient Chinese fishing nets and local people doing fishing.
4. Walking towards St. Francis Church through the historical landmarks of Kochi
5. Watch Dutch cemetery.
6. Visiting Santa cruz basilica church.
7. Drive towards Dhobhi Khana- the local washing area.
8. Towards the Dutch Palace, museum under the Archeological Survey of India.
9. Walking towards Jewish Synagogue through the famous Jewish street at Mattancherry.
10. Drive towards the traditional Bazar market.
11. Visiting Local traditional Spice /Tea/Perfume/ Ginger Warehouses.
12. Enjoying Gift hunting at local/ tourist shopping markets.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meet the team at hotel, cruise terminal or as discussed
End location: Back to the hotel/ cruise terminal as discussed.
Duration: 4 hours
Time may change depending on traffic , weather etc
Modern and clean air-conditioned cab for 2 people
- My time and service as your private guide.
- Transportation in air conditioned cab.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 Indian Rupee - Lunch at local restaurent and for pesronal needs.
- Bottled Water.
- Entry Tickets.
- Parking Fees.
- Expenditure of personal nature.
Some temples are restricted for Hindus Only.
Photography is prohibited in some places which I will let you know...