City, First Time Visitor, Museums / Culture, Shopping
Kid Friendly: Yes.
Knossos 50% accessible. Museum and Heraklion city fully accessible.
Maximum travelers: 4
English (fluent), German (fluent), Greek (fluent), Italian (fluent), Russian (advanced)
a 6 hour Private Tour through Knossos, the Archaeological Museum, and Heraklion City
We will visit Knossos, the largest and most famous of the Minoan palaces, the residence of the mythical King Minos and the monster Minotaur, a multi-acre complex of royal apartments, elaborate staircases, storage and craft areas, the first European theater, and a throne room with the original Bronze Age throne. Replicas of many frescoes grace the palace.
A walking tour of Heraklion, Crete's largest city, is a must on this tour. Crete's largest city abounds with buildings, monuments, and churches that bear witness to its centuries-old history, among them the Morozini Fountain, the Venetian Loggia, St. Titus Church, etc
After free time for lunch, we will visit the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion, one of the greatest museums in the world. It hosts the unique Minoan art.
- We will visit Knossos, the largest and most famous of the Minoan palaces.
- A walking tour of Heraklion, Crete's largest city.
- 2 hours of free time for lunch and shopping.
- After lunch, we will visit the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion, one of the greatest museums in the world.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel in the area of Heraklion or 5 km around.
End location: Drop off at the same point as pick up.
Duration: 6 hours
Licensed Mercedes Vito 2015 with 6 seats for passengers+guide+driver. we can accommodate up to 4 travelers comfortably.
We can take up to 4 people comfortably, and 2 more with some reduced space. Please contact me for details.
- Guiding services
- Mini van Mercedes Vito, with a private driver.
- Pick up and drop off in your hotel in the Heraklion area
Estimated Local Cash Needed
16 euro - entrance tickets
- Entrance fees (16 euro pp) for access to the Palace of Knossos and Archeological Museum.
- Personal expenses,
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.