Luxury tour of the hidden gems to Killarney including Kenmare-Glengarrif-Bantry Bay Killarney National Park
This unique privately guided & chauffeured tour takes you to Killarney along the Beara Peninsula on one of the most beautiful, and very frequently missed, drives in the Southwest and explore the Irish times gone by and experience many of the old ways. Starting from Bantry you'll enjoy the quaint village of Glengarriff, the charming town of Kenmare and then onto Killarney National Park, and truly magnificent views of the Lakes of Killarney from Ladies View on a portion of the Ring of Kerry. You'll visit the 200 year old cottage and farm of Molly Gallivan and see how this remarkable woman survived during hard times in Ireland. Let's not forget a visit to the famous Garinish Island, a favorite of horticulturalists worldwide.
If you long to be off-the-beaten-path and you are based in the Bantry area or arriving at Bantry Port via cruise ship, this day tour is for you. Join me in 2018 for "Your Tour - Your Trail"™ on the Beara Peninsula on your private day tour.
9:00 a. m. - Departure from your Ship or accommodation onward to Bonane Village to visit the home of Molly Gallivan's traditional farm & cottage and enjoy a walk with views over the Druids Glen where the first settlers of the Sheen Valley lived 6000+ years ago.
Enjoy morning coffee or if you wish an Irish Coffee in the Town of Kenmare a favourite of travel writer, Rick Steves.
The highlight of the day is the immense Killarney National Park and Lake District. Enjoy a spectacular vista at Ladies view and the enchanting Muckross House and Gardens. You will have free time to enjoy lunch on this great scenic and historic day tour.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Ship or accommodation
End location: Ship or accommodation
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
Traffic & weather can impact an Ireland day tour no matter the season, but flexibility and having an experienced, private guide/driver behind the wheel allows you to enjoy the day no matter the weather or the traffic conditions on the road.
True executive class BMW 740LI (long wheelbase) sedan or 2017 Mercedes V-Class touring van depending on number of guests. Each are of a standard unmatched by rental class vans or cars often offered by tour providers.
* Luxury, air-conditioned 2017 Mercedes V-class touring van with individual captain's chairs and all of the style and amenities a Mercedes passenger sedan offers. Or, for 2 or less guests, the long chassis BMW 740Li executive sedan for a genuinely elegant, private touring experience. Each premium vehicle is meticulously maintained, both inside and out, and of a caliber unmatched by regular rental class vans or cars often offered for touring.
* Failte Ireland Qualified Guide
* Driver fully insured & licensed by Irish Nat'l Transport Authority for passenger transportation
* Vehicles fully insured for commercial, passenger transport (required in Ireland)
* Tour is priced inclusive for up to 6 persons.
* All fuel costs and tolls
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 Euro - Lunch & Refreshments.
Entrance fees to any centers you may wish to visit
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
He was very good about letting us see what we wanted to see, and knew the area well. Highly recommended!
Patricia (Patsy) Kress