transfer from the airport optionally
This trip will carry you away with an interesting journey to the main sights, avenues and city structures. You can plunge into the past of the Ukrainian capital, its oldest districts and admire the grandeur of this ancient Slavic center with its own dignity.
We are accustomed to take Kiev as we see it every day - with its bustling streets, skyscrapers, specks of antiquity, lively and modern. But Kiev has many faces. Along with the city of obvious there's still another essence: Kiev underground, mysterious and unobtrusive. I suggest you to lift the veil of everyday Kiev and to get acquainted with unknown masks of our city.
The vast majority of Kiev visitors are coming to the International Boryspil airport at first. It is situated about 28 km east from Kiev near the self-titled town Boryspil. A car to pick you up right from the airport may be arranged just for $15-20.
1. Sophia and St. Michael squares (St. Sophia Cathedral, St. Michael's Cathedral, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, a monument to Princess Olga).
2. St. Andrew's Church and Andrew's Descent (city of masters). Bulgakov museum, optional.
3. Vladimir's Hill.
4. Ukrainian House and European square, from where starts the main street of Kiev - Khreshchatyk. Top view of Independence Square.
5. Monastery Caves - many interlinked churches with underground tunnels where bishops and ancient saints were buried. During the stroll one can perceive unforgettable expression of how architecture and nature run into here.
6. Aristocratic Pechersk district submitted exquisite mansions Lipki - quarter Kiev nobility. Cabinet of Ministers, Presidential Administration, House with Chimeras, Supreme Council are here.
7. Motherland Statue is 302 ft tall that dominates the skyline of Kiev and can be seen from miles away.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: hotel lobby
End location: hotel
Duration: 5 hours
taxi & subway
transportation in the city, cold beverages, tour program
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Alex is a dedicated and versatile tour guide. I started with an empty stomach, and he suggested I eat first. Along the way, I was interrupted by a long business call. He waited patiently and extended the tour timing to accommodate to my schedule. He also slotted in an extra place to visit because he knew I was very interested in local lifestyle. He is knowledgeable with the places of interest, and he will certainly surprise you with some "treasure" locations hidden from the unfamiliar! Thank you, Alex!
Chee Kum Lam