Discover Village and Monuments of Kochi!
During this tour we experience both the village and some historical monuments of kochi. Kumbalangy is an island-village on the outskirts of Cochin city, and is the first model tourism village. The main occupation in Kumbalangy is fishing. Groves of mangroves separate land from water providing a breeding ground for prawns, crabs, oysters and small fishes.
During tour in village we experience the following.
Copra processing / coconut oil making:The coconut is cut into two pieces and dried for two- three days under sun. Separate the copra (dried coconut) and extract coconut oil.
Coir Making: Made from dried coconut husk. Fiber from husk is spun into strong threads used for making mats and handcrafts.
Fishing Boat making: Experience the art of making handmade fishing boat, which is an absolute wonder. Woods and coir ropes are used for making these fishing boats.
During tour in kochi.
we experienc some important historical monuments like Dutch palace, Jewish synagogue, chinese fishing nets , St francis church.
1. Meet the team at the Cruise ship Terminal / Hotel
2. Drive towards the village.
3. Discover the village life.
4. Experience the coir making, oil making, boat making etc.
5. Enjoy the fishing nets/ fish farms etc.
6. Back towards kochi for lunch.
7. Visiting Dutch palace.
8. Walking through jews street Towards Jewish Synagogue.
9. Towards Chinese fishing nets.
10. visiting St Francis Church.
7. Gift hunting at local/ tourist shopping market.
8. Back to the Cruise terminal / Hotel as discussed earlier.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meet the team at Cruise terminal / Hotel .
End location: Back to the Cruise terminal / Hotel as discussed earlier.
Duration: 8 hours
Tour timings will change upon traffic, public holidays, climate conditions.
Modern, clean and air-conditioned cab / van can be arranged depending on number of people.
- My time and service as your private guide
- Transportation in air conditioned van / cab
- Parking fees
- Entry fees.
- Bottled drinking water.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 Indian Rupee - If Lunch is taken outside at a local restaurant.
- Expenditure of personal nature.
Some temples are restricted for Hindus Only.
Photography is prohibited in some places which I will let you know...