Kazbegi - ananuri - gudauri (water reservoir/waterfall/Rivers/Sparkling water/Moutains)
Places to see:
Ananuri - is a castle complex on the Aragvi River in Georgia, with a beautiful views to take a good photos for memory.
Ananuri was a castle and seat of the eristavis (Dukes) of Aragvi, a feudal dynasty which ruled the area from the 13th century. The walls of fortress tells us about numerous battles.
Gudauri - is one of the most known ski resort in Georgia.
Gergeti Trinity Church - is a popular name for Holy Trinity Church near the village of Gergeti in Georgia. The church is situated on the right bank of the river Chkheri, at an elevation of 2170 meters, under Mount Kazbegi. The church is a popular waypoint for trekkers in the area, and can be reached by a steep 3 hour climb up the mountain, or around 30 minutes by jeep up a rough mountain trail. From mountain there is 360 degree panorama view, and if we get lucky with weather we can see goats, ships or even Caucasian Eagle. I will take a professional binocular for you.
Tour will start in the morning, We will see most known and interesting places such as:
-Jvari Monastery (Amazin View of Old Town Mtskheta)
- Jinvali water reservoir (nice place for some photos).
- Ananuri Fortress.
- One of the most interesting rivers (half black and half white)
- Taste natural sparkling water full of minerals (especially full of iron and has cure effect on the body).
- Gudauri ski resort.
- A special place for paragliding with a great view of mountains.
- Beautiful waterfall (Optional)
- Travertine. (In wintertime area is covered with snow and we have to skip this place)
- Stepantsminda (Kazbegi)
- Holly Trinity church on top of the mountain, where we get 360 degrees panoramic view of Caucasus mountains. (Optional)
Return back to Tbilisi.
NOTE: In winter, sometimes road from Gudauri SKi resort to Kazbegi is closed, cause risk of the avalanche, in case of that we can enjoy ski resort more or drive back to Jvari monastery.
P. S. About lunchtime we will agree on the way, Depending on hunger
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel/Airport/Address in Tbilisi.
End location: Hotel/Airport/Address in Tbilisi.
Duration: 10 hours
weather. In winter There is high snow on Kazbegi road, often is closed because of avalanche danger. Most suitable time for tour is March (second half) - November.
We will use following cars:
- Toyota Prius 2008 ( it has a half electrical engine and I want to care about nature). In case of casual road.
- Jeep Liberty 2012 - (spec trail rated version) In case of snow or mud.
The tour price includes:
- Fresh Georgia mineral water.
- A lot of surprises.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
130 GEL - 70 GEL (30 USD) to rent a jeep in Kazbegi to climb the mountain. (for group).
30 GEL (13 USD) - approximately for lunch. (Per person).
- Climb on to of the mountain 360 degree panorama view - 70 GEL(30USD) to rent a special vehicle in Kazbegi (Optional).
- Beautiful Gveleti waterfalls - 60 GEL(26USD) to rent a special vehicle in Kazbegi(optional).
- Horse Riding - 60 GEL(26USD) one hour.
There is Dress code in Georgian Orthodox churches and Monasteries. ladies need dress and scarfs to cover the body, and men should wear long trousers
you should not enter there during the pray or service. I can provide dress and scarfs for the ledies
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
In a few words- life changing experience! Georgi made it so exciting and special that it is hard to put it to words. He brought up all the best of his beautiful country, its culture, people, traditions, nature, believes, and true beauty. Trip of a life time- is the statement. His passion and love for Georgia brings whole travel experience to a different level. His knowledge of history of Georgia, traditions, people make one never want to leave. The best tour ever- 6 days of a lifetime! Olga, Wayne