Explore Titicaca Lake on a kayak (no previous experience needed)
We kayak through the Titikaka National Reserve, we see types of birds on the way, beautiful landscapes in breathtaking aspects of nature. We discover simple paths along the journey to reach the floating islands, enjoy unique lake life. We learn about the life of the people of the Uros, a community that lives floating on the highest navigable lake in the world. We will learn about the life of the aborigines of the past and the present.
I have extensive knowledge about this land, its people, and its history and enjoy interacting with native people actively.
This is a great excursion to understand the culture and get in direct contact with the people of Titicaca Lake, its habits, and environment.
- Pick up from the hotel (ask the exact time - depending on the tour you take).
- Transfer to the shores of Lake Titikaka, where l introduce you the instructions.
- We give you the equipment of kayak and also we instruct you totally on the adventure and the handling.
- We start our adventure easily towards the floating islands, the trip can last from 1 to 1. 30 hrs, depending on the weather and other factors (we will enjoy the flora and fauna of the lake, as well as rock formation on a small island).
- Once you reach the floating islands, we will give you a presentation on the life, culture, traditions and other information of this pre-Inca culture.
- You have free time to explore the island better, take photos, take a ride in small canoes (optional).
After the enjoyment of this adventure, the equipment of kayak return to the city.
- Back to the hotel or maintown.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I can pick you up from the hotel where you are staying, the land terminal. in case of the airport (price changes).
End location: The tour will end at the hotel where you are staying, at the land terminal, at the airport, in the main square.
Duration: 4 hours
On land we will take a minivan of 04 passengers.
On the lake to go kayaking and motor boat to return.
* Instructor guide.
* Support staff.
* Entrance ticket.
* Transfer: Hotel / Port / Hotel.
* Support boat.
* Adventure equipment for kayaking.
* First aid kit.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 dollars - For:
- Extra drinks
- Ride in a rustic canoe.
* Extra drinks.
* Food. (Do not need)
* Souvenirs or shopping. (Optional)
* Ride in rustic canoes. (Optional)