Hakka Culture, Ocean, Modern architecture, japanese heritage
Kaohsiung is Taiwan's second largest city and one of the largest container ports in the world. Kaohsiung has recently undergone a dramatic transformation from industrial sprawl to modern must-go. From a polluted industrial centre of two million people, today Kaohsiung is a green city of lush parks, waterside cafés, art galleries and museums. You will definitely like Kaohsiung from the minute you arrive here.
Cost per day.
1-3 ppl: US 400
4-5 ppl: US 450
6-7 ppl: US 500
1. Sizihwan: a scenic spot for sun set
2. Takao British consulate residence: The lovely red-brick was built in 1879 to serve as the British consul's abode.
3. Wude hall: Completed in 1924, this facility was originally used as a martial-arts training center for police and youth .
4. Rose Mary Catholic Church: The Rose Marry Catholic Church is the first Catholic Church in Taiwan and one of the top 3 holy churches in Asia.
5. Pier-2 Art Center: It was once an abandoned and forgotten warehouse buried in history, and now a must-go for any visitors.
6. MRT Central Park & Formosa Boulevard Station ranked in the top 15 most beautiful train stations in the world by famous travel magazine, "BootsnAll. "
7. Oil-paper umbrella & Clay: Traditional Hakka hand-craft
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: based on the tour
End location: based on the tour
Duration: 9 hours
1. Entrance fee
2. Professional guide
4. Transportation (car rental, gas, tolls, parking fees)
5. Meals (it depends)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3000 NTD - personal expense
2. Personal expense
3. Meals and drinks
4. HSR pick-up
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Kevin designed a truly memorable tour for us - a terrific time of hiking, walking and sightseeing, delicious treats of indigenous, local, simple and exquisite cuisines, and a delightful mix of art appreciation and craft making, too! We experienced his principle of living a life of unlimited possibilities when he's unafraid of trying new ideas and making what seem like effortless changes to suit our needs and interests. Only four days with Kevin, but we've built a friendship that will last a long time.