Slow-Life Experience on the Death Railway and Surrounded by Lush Green Jungle and Mountains
Enjoy a full day of around 10 - 12 hours with your private English-speaking guide and luxury van with driver to take you around Kanchanaburi Province.
Kanchanaburi, a town in West Thailand where the Khwae Noi and Khwae Yai Rivers converge into the Mae Klong River. The line crosses over the River Khwae Yai via the Death Railway Bridge. Displays at the JEATH War Museum honor the prisoners of war who died building the bridge. Nearby, thousands of Allied soldiers are buried at the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery.
You will also experience train crept over the River Kwai bridge and alongside vertical cliffs and through windswept fields of tapioca and sugarcane then walk on a wooden train track on the slope of a steep cliff to Krasae Cave, was once a camp site for POWs who were brought here to build the "Death Railway". At present it is a place of worship with a sitting Buddha statue inside.
Then, options to visit elephant camp for elephant riding or bathing, rafting and visiting long neck village.
- Pick up from hotel in Bangkok
- Drive to Kanchanaburi (about 2 hours from Bangkok)
- JEATH War Museum, The museum is on the bank of the River, inside Wat Chai Chumphon temple which has been constructed largely in the form of an Allied Prisoner of War camp which is managed by a Thai monk. The thatched detention hut with cramped, elevated bamboo bunks contains photographic, pictorial and physical memorabilia dating from the Second World War
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, the main prisoner of war (POW) cemetery for victims of Japanese imprisonment while building the Burma Railway
- The Bridge Over The River Kwai, the Death Railway in World War II
- Train crept over the River Kwai bridge and along alongside vertical cliffs and through windswept fields of tapioca and sugarcane
- Get off at Tham Krasae Train Station
- Walk to Krasae Cave, a camp site of POWs
- Options: Visit an Elephant camp where you can do elephant riding or bathing, bamboo rafting on the river or visiting Long Neck Village
- Back to Bangkok
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 10 hours
Within 10 hours of tour duration starting since the pick up time at your hotel or any other convenient location in Bangkok and back to your hotel or any place as we previously agreed.
But there might be any variables that might affect the duration such as the weather, traffic and time of year.
Please note Kanchanaburi is about 2 hours away from Bangkok to the west, Thailand by car.
Private Luxury Air-Conditioned Van.
We have space to seat 6 adults comfortably. I can accommodate up to 8 adults with a little less space, so please contact me for details.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5000 THB - For meal, your own expense and activities such as elephant riding, elephant bathing, rafting, visiting long neck village etc.
I'm a licensed guide, and have no restrictions.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Peach was a fantastic tour guide. Professional, prompt, and responsive. She really went out of her way to make the tour as comfortable and as comprehensive as possible. Highly recommend her.