Jewish Bessarabia Private Tour
I never had a Chisinau City Tour without including places related to the history of the local Jewish community.
Not because I necessarily want, but because it is inevitable.
Without the Jewish period, Moldovan history looks incomplete and poor.
Another reality tells us, that at the beginning of the XX century, Bessarabia had the biggest Jewish settlement in all Russian Empire and at least half of the population of Chisinau were Jews. So many events happened, so many generations had passed since that time, so many thousands of Jews left Moldova forever and today very few left from once, big community.
Although I am not a specialist in Jewish history, my knowledge of the subject has allowed me to successfully help some foreign families in the past to find Jewish traces in Moldova - This is why I propose you this tour.
Notice: This is the Chisinau City Tour about Jewish places and history. If you want to visit a specific town or you want to try to find out something about your family - let me know.
- The Cathedral Square of Chisinau
- Pedestrian Street. Visiting Jewish Community of Moldova and Kedem (optional)
- Visiting Jewish library 'Itzik Mangher'
- 3000 years of Jerusalem Street
- Monument to the Victims of Jewish Ghetto
- National Circus
- Ruins of Jewish charity house
- Synagogue Chabad Lubavitch
- The Monument of the Victims of 1903 Pogrom
- Chisinau Jewish Cemetery
- Monument to Nazi victims
- Walking on the narrow streets among the houses where in former times lived Jewish community of Chisinau
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 hours
In case you would like to talk to somebody from the Moldovan Jewish Community, Jewish Synagogue or Jewish Library - the duration of the tour can be increased.
It is usually no need for the car since the Jewish Chisinau City Tour is about walking.
To such relatively remote places as Jewish Cemetery - we can use a public transportation.
In case you anyway would like to have a car city tour - no problem, just let me know in advance, please.
- Guiding Services
- Public Transportation Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
No cash is needed for this tour
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks