Major sites and hidden gems
This tour introduces you to Jerusalem, its four quarters and the holy sites of the three major monotheistic religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. These are some of the things we could do, the idea is that this tour is personalized to your interests.
We can explore the Jewish quarter, learn the story behind the Hurva synagogue and touch the Western wall, the wall closest to the Jewish temple and consequently the holiest site to Judaism.
We can see the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa mosque, the third holiest site to Islam (after Mecca and Medina) and experience the Arab shuq with tastes of some of the local specialties.
We can follow the path of the Via Dolorosa, visiting several churches to where Jesus was crucified and buried, today inside the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the holiest site to Christianity.
We can explore the archaeology of Jerusalem going back thousands of years, walk underground, walk where Jesus walked, walk on the ramparts.
This is a sample itinerary to give you some ideas - the tour will be conducted based on your interests and feedback.
1. Walk through the alleyways of the Armenian, Christian, Muslim and Jewish quarters
2. Walk along the Roman-Byzantine Cardo, through the Jewish quarter
3. Touch the Western wall, holiest site in Judaism
4. See the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa mosque, 3rd holiest site in Islam
5. Explore the Arab shuq
6. Get onto a rooftop for a panoramic view of the city
7. Follow the Via Dolorosa, visiting churches to where Jesus was crucified and buried, today inside the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, holiest site in Christianity.
8. View of Old City from the top of Mount of Olives. We will also visit churches there including Dominus Flevit and Church of Agony/Garden of Gethsemane.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I can meet you at your Jerusalem hotel, Jaffa gate or most places in the city, whichever you prefer. If you are driving to Jerusalem, I will tell you about parking and meet you at Jaffa gate.
End location: The tour ends at Jaffa gate from where you can continue on your own. I am happy to give you suggestions and directions to other sites you are interested in.
Duration: 8 hours
In general, this is a walking tour but depending on the itinerary we may take taxis, buses or the Jerusalem light rail. If the client has a car, we may use it.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 NIS (New Israeli Shekel) - Lunch; bottled water or a snack; transportation
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Shmuel was wonderful. Thoughtful, accommodating and extremely knowledgeable. A great story teller. Highly recommend